• This topic has 25 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by nach.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Possible scammer
  • Premier Icon T666DOM

I’ve got a for sale ad in the classifieds, got this email below from a chap called Michael Jeremy. Seems well legit 😉

Dear friend,
    I am interested in purchasing your for (item -) Hope is still in good condition and the the price. yew you edge get back with attach picture for me to look it condition and payment will Be made out by has cashier Check also include the last price and with your full name and address with your personal phone number for me to contact you back with it, so that the payment Be made out to you immediately. I will Be looking forward to hearing from you.
    God bless you
    Best Regard,

What do you think the next move should be?

Premier Icon JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Evening classes for basic English?

Premier Icon allthepies
    Free Member

Bite his hand off, you won’t get better.

Edit: Actually, ask him if it’s Michael Jeremy or Jeremy Michael for starters 😉

Premier Icon T666DOM

I’m very tempted!

Premier Icon jekkyl

god bless you.

Did you sneeze?

Premier Icon Junkyard
    Free Member

Ask them what country they are in and say as luck would have it you are having trouble with a bank account …….

Premier Icon convert

Weird him out – tell him you will happily do business with him provided he lets you lick his testicles. Should be interesting to see how that sounds through google translate!

Premier Icon allthepies
    Free Member

Convert wrote:

tell him you will happily do business with him provided he lets you lick his testicles.

Do you suspect he’s from Cornwall ?

Premier Icon T666DOM

I might ask him to trace any long lost relatives whilst he’s at it. I’m sure a rich uncle will have died recently leaving me millions

Premier Icon trailmax
    Free Member

I’ve got exact the same message a few minutes ago. Seems like STW is under attack.

Premier Icon T666DOM

This could get messy!!

Premier Icon Jamie
    Free Member

Heh…

Premier Icon footflaps

Seems like STW is under attack.

We need to form a militia to fight back. Grab the pitchforks on your way out…..

Premier Icon gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Do you suspect he’s from Cornwall ?

OI!!!!!

Premier Icon bigyinn
    Free Member

Dont reply to their e-mail, or at the very least you’ve just confirmed to be a valid recipient of spam and gawd knows what else.

Yes its a scam.

Premier Icon fasthaggis

It’s ok, unfitgeezer is on da case ninja emails

🙂

Premier Icon iainc

ditto, I strung him on a bit, and copied to moderators :

Michael Jeremy <m.jeremy10@hotmail.com>
    10:42 (1 hour ago)

to me
    Dear friend,
    I am interested in purchasing your for (item -) Hope is still in good condition and the the price. yew you edge get back with attach picture for me to look it condition and payment will Be made out by has cashier Check also include the last price and with your full name and address with your personal phone number for me to contact you back with it, so that the payment Be made out to you immediately. I will Be looking forward to hearing from you.
    God bless you
    Best Regard,

Iain C
    Which item are you interested in ? I can only accept payment by PayPal Many t…
    10:48 (1 hour ago)

Michael Jeremy
    Yes i seeing it already but i don’t know anything about the paypal because am…
    11:06 (1 hour ago)

Iain C
    Sorry Michael, can only do PayPal ________________________________ From: Mich…
    11:09 (1 hour ago)

Michael Jeremy
    Oh what about my credit Card? Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 11:09:31 +0000
    11:25 (55 minutes ago)

Michael Jeremy
    Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 11:09:31 +0000
    11:26 (54 minutes ago)

Iain C
    Sorry, I am not a business. What item are you interested in ? I can only acce…
    11:27 (53 minutes ago)

IAIN C
    11:33 (47 minutes ago)

to moderator
    Morning, I don’t know if you have come across this guy, but appears to be a scammer watching the classifieds.

Cheers

Iain (iainc)

Premier Icon fasthaggis

Ian ,can I borrow £5 from you please?

Premier Icon iainc

^^ sure, paypal gift ? 🙂

Premier Icon gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Premier Icon fasthaggis

Thank you ,thank you ,thankyou ,may the festive light shine on your goodness.
    Please send to haggisxmasdrinkfund.ukulele.com 😀

Premier Icon Cougar

ditto, I strung him on a bit, and copied to moderators :

… and then splashed your email address all over this page for the benefit and convenience of future spambot harvesters. (-:

Premier Icon iainc

😳 never thought of that as a risk, sorry. It’s in my profile anyway though, does it make a difference ?

please remove if easier ?

Premier Icon batman11
    Free Member

It seems we’ve had the same chap today! Funny how I mention it and it gets closed and this one still going lol.

Premier Icon iainc

^^^ thankyou Mods for removing my email address from earlier post, cheers

Premier Icon nach

I got exactly the same email. I’m electing to ignore it, but you could see how many hoops the scammers will jump through.

@batman: The other thread is two hours older than yours, dupes get locked here.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Possible scammer’ is closed to new replies.