Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Possible Dodgy Ebay Sale-using my picture
  • toys19
    Free Member

CLICK

This listing is using my picture, so either the seller is scamming or lazy, either way insist on seeing the real forks before proceeding.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

According to the ebay feedback he bought those forks from someone around January so probably just too lazy to get an up to date picture? Agree about wanting to see them in their current condition first though!

Hadge
    Free Member

I’d report it. It’s not about being lazy, it’s about being honest with their condition and they may look a lot different now or maybe just a small amount but he could be hoping the new buyer will not notice or just accept them when he’s got them.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Or they may look exactly the same…

toys19
    Free Member

I sold them in may, I agree with hadge.

toys19
    Free Member

Welcome to Community Watch Live Chat. My name is Arrick, how can I help you?
    lukeandbeth
    Hi this item 170668104000 is using my picture
    Arrick P.
    I understand that you are concerned regarding the other member using your image in their listing. While I’m reviewing that matter for you, would there be anything else I can assist you with?
    lukeandbeth
    No, I just want you to delete the picture, as I think he is scamming
    Arrick P.
    May I have your item number too so that we can check both the listings.
    lukeandbeth
    I have not listed the item on ebay. He harvested the picture from my photobucket account
    lukeandbeth
    here is the link http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r446/lukeandbeth/ebay/DSC_6504.jpg
    Arrick P.
    William, we will not be able to take an appropriate action on the basis of the photobucket account or image. If you have any other inforamtion that can show that the image belongs to you, then we will able to take an appropriate action after thorough investigation.
    lukeandbeth
    I sold these to a freind privatly 2 months ago, he still has them.
    lukeandbeth
    how am I supposed to prove it mine?
    Arrick P.
    Let me check this for you once again.
    lukeandbeth
    Look I don’t care, but essentially he is scamming whoever the buyers are, because he does not have a picture of his 2nd hand forks? So people will buy based on the image when they are not the items he has.
    lukeandbeth
    If you are happy letting sellers scam buyers then go ahead. I’m only pointing it out, I don’t give a damn about him using my image.
    Arrick P.
    Thank you for waiting. I have once again investigated the issue for this case.
    Arrick P.
    We’ve investigated your report and have taken appropriate action in accordance with our site policies. I can confirm that the item is no longer on the site.
    Arrick P.
    I appreciate that you have brought this to our attention.
    lukeandbeth
    ok thanks

Chat with ebay….

Sawyer
    Free Member

Jesus, just because he’s on the internet, you don’t have to be quite so brusque.

toys19
    Free Member

Blow me. I’m exactly the same in person. 😀

After spending an hour trying to report it online, but I couldnt as I hadnt previously listed the forks on ebay, there was no other system, I was pretty effed off with my public service. So if you don’t like it you know what you can do.

scaredypants

I’m surprised old Arrik didn’t comment on the short steerer and mossy patio TBH

toys19
    Free Member

Its crazy paving, he knew not to mess with someone with crazy paving.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Possible Dodgy Ebay Sale-using my picture’ is closed to new replies.