Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • positive classifieds experience – props to mundiesmiester
  • big_scot_nanny

So, as always. To redress some of the negative stuff that’s been going on, there does of course continue to be excellent forum dwellers who exceed expectation.

So, mundiesmiester. Bought a mega frame off him earlier last year, paid a bit more than you might expect, but it was essentially perfect, and it had the right headset installed, plus extra nukeproof spacers, so a good deal. Delivered in the original box, superbly packed, and in good time.

Then, out the blue at Christmas, I got a note saying that he had taken receipt of a new chain stay that had been sent in case of the famous snappage issue. He asked if I,d like it, so I covered the postage and he popped it over.

In general, that is top class. Great effort.

Have to say, that echos ALL of my experiences on here. Frame from ton (natch!), brakes, a 1D canon, various other bits, a complete roadrat…. My, I should probably stop, but all experiences have been excellent.

cheers guys!

Kev

big_scot_nanny

Ah, except of course a pair of useless 29er wheels with missing bits and broken axle from a certain well known seller who has since gone. At least the inner tubes are not punctured. Forgot about that one!

big_scot_nanny

i thought this might at least get a “ggod job” or “yes, I have also had a good experience”.

Do we not want to highlight the good?

Kev

MartynS

I’ve only ever had good transactions on the classifieds, and I hope the small amount of stuff I’ve sold has all been fine. I’ve never heard it hasn’t.

I have to be honest I’ve been put off a bit by recent events, but I guess if you’re careful there is no reason buying and selling can’t be a positive experience

float
    Free Member

yup, everything ive bought has been a fair price. I hope everything ive sold has been well received, no one’s said anything otherwise.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m also fortunate enough to have never bought anything from realman.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yip, bought a Polar HRM from Amt27 on the classifieds last week. Excellant price, and is absolutely mint. Happy days.

transapp
    Free Member

I’ve bought a few items from here, all were good. Also sold a few and I hope everyone was happy – I’ve never had any kind of feedback!

oldnpastit

I bought some road bits from Amt27 on the classifieds last week. Excellant price, and is in excellent condition.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Always a good experience, no different from buying and selling between mates over a cuppa

bigyinn
    Free Member

Never been done over on the classifieds, but have had to chase someone a lot and got fobbed off.
    So e-mailed a few people who’d bought stuff off him, the seller was surprised when he got a call on his direct line asking him where my stuff was. Errr, errr, i’ve been away, blah blah blah. Stuff turned up with a postmark the day after he said it had already been sent.

Naranjada
    Free Member

That’s good to hear, but I reckon it’s mainly good on here …we probably only hear about the bad stuff, the good gets taken for granted.

Props to you for making the effort to feedback.

barn
    Free Member

Well done Kev.
    It’s good to hear more about the trading on here that works really well.

I was new to mountain biking about a year ago but have since built bikes for my wife and I entirely from these classifieds!
    Not only that, but I’ve had the most brilliant ‘tech support’ whenever I’ve been confused about a mechanical issue.

tomhoward

Same here, every transaction I’ve done on here (maybe 10 or so) has been faultless *touches wood, then something made from trees* long may it continue!

big_scot_nanny

I have in general found that if one is buying from someone who is also part of community, it is OK. I am a bit suspicious of those who only post to sell, although catnap seems to fall under that blanket and his stuff has been faultless.

STW, as has been mentioned, would be good to have some kind of recommendation mechanism. If you buy something and all goes well, you could “recommend the user”

For bigger purchases, i.e. full bikes etc I have offered to provide some references (I line in CH, so often ask to post to france, some folk might find that odd), and all have been more than happy to provide references. might want to factor that in also.

All is abusable of course, but it is such a wonderful community I would like to see it continue.

Kev

theboatman
    Free Member

In recent months I’ve had great transactions with;
    jonnyhuge, mart, sssimon, LoCo, alwayshorizontal. the-milkybar-kid, eddie11, nockmiester, DaveyJohnston, scrappydog, coblk and tpercy; so cheers guys. I’ve only traded with two tossers, and one of these dates back to the old forum.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Stevede went out of his way to help me out. Top bloke.

Good buying experiences from Loddirk and algore too.

neninja
    Free Member

Most of my experiences both buying and selling have been excellent.

Only a couple of not so great purchases where items described as ‘little use’ or ‘like new’ were in fact worn out or in very poor condition. They weren’t expensive items and the return postage would have cost too much so I took the hit and learned from it.

atlaz
    Free Member

Does anyone else find it odd that nobeerinthefridge and oldnpastit wrote essentially the same comment with the same spelling mistake? If this wasn’t STW I’d smell astroturf.

bruneep

Does anyone else find it odd that oldnpastit and nobeerinthefridge essentially wrote the same comment with the same spolling mistake? If this wasn’t STW I’d smell astroturf.

paul4stones

Here we go. It’s better than Sherlock this place 🙂

hillsplease

Top experiences all round so far. Nice to meet forum dwellers in the flesh – so far it’s always been a bit of a laugh with either having some new or divesting of some shiny but unused things. This is a good thing and I think having a bit of e mither banter before meeting helps.

Still regretting selling my Trek 69er, such a pretty bike, but I was too useless for it. It was last seen gambolling around the Borders.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Cheers Kev pleasure dealing with you – best forum to deal with

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘positive classifieds experience – props to mundiesmiester’ is closed to new replies.