Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Posh sheds/ garden office building suppliers
  • LoCo
    Free Member

As per title, looking at an insulated solid shed/office in the garden, any suggestions for suppliers/manufacturers would be great.

Really I would just like a shad that’s mores solid than the average one so it doesn’t feel like it’s going to fall over when you saw stuff on the bench and isn’t prone to condensation so machinery can be kept in there.

I’d like to check costs & specs. decide whether I’d rather save some money and build myself (I’m guessing they’re going to be spendy 🙁 )

Cheers Simon.

cb

I asked the very same recently. Should be in my history. I went with “The Garden Office .co .uk”
    We having ours installed in May. Spendy but VAT through the business as its an office. Lots of recommendations for Dunster but I found them awful on the customer service front and insulation is poor. Trust Pilot reviews were enough to kill them as an option.

Garden Office has a showroom in Bucks which was a trek for us but they give you £200 off if you view in person. They include site visit, ground prep and installation in their costs, although install is a chunk more if you are 100 miles+ from their factory.

LoCo
    Free Member

Cheers, blimey, not quite that posh! 😉

Maybe a posh workshop would have been a better ask! The inside of those look better than the inside of the cottage at the moment 😆

mick_r

Log Cabins LV? Like sturdier Dunster with local dealers / installers.

jam-bo

Just been round this myself. Currently building my own. Cost of materials for a fully insulated, double glazed studio comes out at about 2k including buying some tools. We’ve had quotes for an equivalent spec that came out between 8-10k

wrecker
    Free Member

Wood jam bo?

bearnecessities

I can recommend someone within 50 miles of Rotherham (after an obscene amount of STW-style research & procrastination).

An 8×6, 16mm T&G loglap cladding (decent depth grooves), joiner windows, nuclear-strength felt, 46x38mm framework (screwed, not nailed), 12mm T&G floor & roof, all tanalised, delivered and erected by some proper gents, for £525.

It’s probably nicer than my house.

wilburt
    Free Member

I’ve looked at a few recently and sort of decided to build my own.

There are loads of videos online- I’m thinking ply clad framework for walls with a decorative finish on the outside, insulated and electrics will be c.2k. ( I cannsource windows and doors quite cheaply).

spacemonkey

jam bo, what option did you go with regards glazing? I’m upgrading our summerhouse but want to be sensible with the windows and door.

ebygomm
    Free Member

We’re looking at getting a workshop built and currently the front runner is a log cabin from tuin.

Mugboo

If your building your own from scratch, try all your local suppliers of windows and doors for things that were badly measured and need a home..

jam-bo

picked up two pairs of double glazed solid oak patio doors from the local salvage yard for £100. Shed is designed around them with one set used as long windows and the other as doors.

and 120 sqm of salvaged ekki planks to clad and deck around.

nearly finished the groundworks, should start framing it this weekend.

br
    Free Member

At work we needed more space quickly, so bought a couple of portacabins (local business that supplies them in knock-down) and had them fitted out by a Joinery Business and Electricians etc.

Good quality, fully insulated and very happy with them. Might be worth pricing up?

Otherwise I’d look at just having one built to spec. A Joinery business should be able to do this, just like they build houses now – ie wood-framed. This kinda thing:

https://grovegardenrooms.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/img_0186.jpg

Lionheart
    Free Member

We built our own starting with x3 unwanted double glazed Windows and a pair of double glazed doors

What I do really rate are the fibre glass tiles

Materials cost was around 2800

LoCo
    Free Member

Great cheers for suggestions, it’s looking to be a self build as the prices V quality on the cheaper units doesn’t look great.
    It’ll really annoy me paying more for something that I could (hopefully 😉 ) have built better myself 😀

Next door neighbour a master builder so he’s helping with design spec. etc.

spacemonkey

Cheers jam bo, I’ve been checking for similar on eBay for a year or so but not found anything. Will call around some salvage/reclamation yards.

redstripe
    Free Member

See this thread too:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/woodlog-cabin-in-the-garden

In Hants / Dorset, I’d recommend Stable Structures, we got a kit from their place near Hurn Aiport and built it ourselves a few years back over a long weekend, insulated floor and roof, been great as an office/teenage hangout and overflow when people stay. Price has gone up since we got ours but still pretty good value for the size:

http://www.fencingcentre.co.uk/penthouse-log-cabin-55m-x-40m.asp

If you are down south and doing it yourself, the local Inexcess stores are great value for felt/wood/screws/tools etc: http://www.in-excess.com/pages/store-details

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Posh sheds/ garden office building suppliers’ is closed to new replies.