Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Portugal – Sagres?!
  • maffer1976
    Free Member

Heading to Sagres this sat for a surf/bike week, but only taing my board with due to practicalities….

so anyone know anywhere nearby to hire something half decent so I can ride for a day or two?! Any ideas on where to ride too would be great.

Cheers!

cheeky_dieter
    Free Member

Tried this place?

http://www.lagosbikerent.com/

footflaps

Nice road riding round there – really quiet roads.

Ran out of tarmac by brf, on Flickr

Riding in the Algarve by brf, on Flickr

damo2576
    Free Member

Hi Footflaps – where was that? I’m off to Sagres in a month and debating taking the road bike…

footflaps

My GF’s parents have a Villa in Luz, just West of Lagos. We ride on the quiet coast road to Sagres (eg Via Bergau) and then North on the Coast road to Aljezur. If you avoid the main roads and stick to the B roads you’ll hardly see any cars, but get loads of lovely views / quiet coves. For a bit of hill training, ride over to Foia – at 900m highest hill in the Algarve with a nice cafe on top.

Beach nr Carrapateira by brf, on Flickr

IMG_3890 by brf, on Flickr

Rding toward Aljezur by brf, on Flickr

Steep cobbled streets in Burgau by brf, on Flickr

supersaiyan
    Free Member

[hijack]
    Maffer,
    did you find any non-road riding there? Heading to Sagres and like you can only take the board!
    sorry to hear about the Mega, will keep my eyes peeled south of the Avon…
    [/hijack]

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i used to go there alot a few years back….used to just jump in the car and drive there through the night in more or less one go and stay with my mates parked up on the clifftops. life isnt so carefree anymore 😥
    being an adult is crap

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Portugal – Sagres?!’ is closed to new replies.