Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Portscatho – any riding recommendations or GPX files?
  • fibre
    Free Member

I’m heading to Portscatho for a few days and thought it would be rude not to take a bike.

I was wondering if anyone had any routes or riding ideas? (never been there). I’ve got the option of MTB Cross or road bike, the most likely option will be the CX with some semi slicks and I can mix it up a bit with road and tracks. MTB probably isn’t practical as I don’t know if there’s anywhere to clean it and there won’t be much room in the car anyway.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

There’s not a massive amount around the Roseland I don’t think although I’ve not spent a huge amount of time sussing it out. My in-laws are in Tregony and I’ve only taken the bike a couple of times.

I have thought about a road ride out to the King Harry Ferry, across to Carnon Downs and then down to Devoran and up the Carnon Valley trail – would be fairly straightforward to ride up to St Agnes and back as a day trip. Not so good if you just want to fit in a ride with family stuff.

zeffir
    Free Member

There are some fantastic clifftop trails round about there, especially St Anthony’s Head opposite St Mawes, I’d try that on the cross. The roads round about there are winding wee lanes with nowhere to go if you meet anything head on, I’d go off-road. Or down to the Plume of Feathers.

fibre
    Free Member

Hmm, it all looks nice enough so maybe I just need have a potter about and see where it takes me. I’ve got the sea on one side and have a Garmin, I cant get that lost!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Portscatho – any riding recommendations or GPX files?’ is closed to new replies.