Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Porto
  • senorj

In that there Portugal , anyone been before?
    I’m off there for a week at the end of the month ,being daddy day care
    for our then 10 month old baba while senorita j works.
    There’s a music festival on when we go so I’ll check that out & some interesting architecture & contemporary art apparently ,what else?
    Totally ignorant of the city but do like visiting new places for an explore. Would love to cycle but not sure if baby seats are available for hire. Also, any food recommendations?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Spent an afternoon there once, it was nice from what I remembered… not very big mind.

Food… that old fav 🙄 … salted cod
    Drink … Sherry

Try some of the massive wind swept beach further north for a day out

mogrim

Nice place, went for a dirty weekend with the wife a couple of years ago. Not sure I’d want to spend a whole week there, it’s not that large. Still, it’s got a very tatty charm to it, dirty and old but in a good way. Nice walking, good food in the restaurants down by the river, the bridge by Eiffel is pretty impressive, you can take boat trips up the river (we didn’t, but they looked quite fun), the obligatory trip round one the port cellars…

My memory of the place is that’s it’s hilly with cobbles, not ideal for biking, but that could just be the part that runs down to the river – the rest could be fine. No idea about bike hire, we drove over from Madrid.

Be happy to go back again, so definitely recommended.

mogrim

Drink … Sherry

Sherry? Port, surely?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Whoops yeah… got all girlie there of a moment… Nan

😆

MrOvershoot

Fantastic place, if you explore on foot & are prepared to take a punt on something.
    I worked there for 7 months but that was back in 1987 mind
    Try some of the Port lodges, ultra chilled proper white port 😀

senorj

Thanks all.
    I expect I’ll know the city quite well by the end of the week then.
    Man with pram ,wandering aimlessly. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Porto’ is closed to new replies.