Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Portable washers
  • davetrave
    Free Member

[yawn] So what’re the current recommendations for portable washers? Been a while since I owned one – an original Airace – so not up to date with current tech… I’ve moved in to a smaller place with no exterior tap and it’s not convenient to run a hose out the window from the kitchen sink, plus I’m planning on getting away from it all for a week or so and throwing bike, walking and fell running kit in the car and heading somewhere quiet and remote…[/yawn]

Thanking much in advance

scc999

I’ve got a Mobi V15 that was fine for about a year then started repeatedly blowing the fuse in the 12v plug.

I’ve emailed CRC where I got it from but have heard nothing back.
    Mobi appear to have no functioning website – everything just seems to go back to CRC.

So for those reasons I wouldn’t suggest a Mobi. Shame because it was great when it was working.

Si

deadkenny
    Free Member

B&Q garden sprayer, £10/£20 (or thereabouts). Uncomplicated. No power/charging required. Job done.

BlobOnAStick
    carlos
    Free Member

There was a post on here the other day and it was a boat deck washer or somethingorother

similar to this – http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-60W-High-Pressure-Self-priming-Electric-Car-Wash-Washer-Water-Pump-12V/222255085615?_trksid=p2045573.c100642.m3226&_trkparms=aid%3D555014%26algo%3DPL.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38661%26meid%3D366fa257be62481a9ccf78a2d618ae38%26pid%3D100642%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26

but cheaper iirc and it was 80w.

Couple of guys had them dropped in a 25ltr water bottle attached to the back door of a van

HTH

Carlos

Beaten to it, but that’s the thread^^^^

michaelbowden

I’ve a Nomad that’s been brilliant

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Have been using this for a while, good pressure and can clean two bikes on a tank. 12v or battery (lasts about 10 washes)

Sealey power wash

davetrave
    Free Member

Ta. Battery powered pressure with a decent tank is the way ahead as it’ll be sued for motorbike and car as well, otherwise I would’ve gone for the B&Q garden spray option…

zilog6128

I’ve a Nomad that’s been brilliant

Nomad looks great in theory, they’ve been out of stock yet arriving “imminently” for what seems like years now… they’ve apparently changed manufacturer so seems obvious that when (if) they ever do start selling them again it’ll potentially be a totally different product in terms of reliability, etc.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Portable washers’ is closed to new replies.