• This topic has 112 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)
  • Portable Pizza oven Uuni
  • tod456
    Free Member

Cheers, I won’t bother then , Dutch oven was next on the list to get anyway!

scott19
    Free Member

Hey Rik – I have the Uuni + cover. At first I wasn’t sure if I would use it, or could be bothered to use it, considering you need to take the hopper off to pack it up however it literally takes 2 seconds and now that I have it I wouldn’t go without. If you’re not taking it out/camping then it makes a good cover for storage in the garage while not in use. So to answer your Q, yes the feet fold up and yes you remove the chimneys and pop them inside. Seriously easy. I’ve seen some photos of the bag on their Facebook page. They actually just had a giveaway for it!

Rik
    Free Member

Hovering over the ‘buy’ button again…….

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Good News!

I just got an email through notifying me that I will be receiving the Uuni 2S which is the latest model, now with a stone base!

Just been on the website and it looks as though they’ll be shipping anytime now.

https://uk.uuni.net/collections/frontpage/products/uuni-2

bruneep

Yup got the email as well

sharkbait
    Free Member

Hmm. Won’t a stone base take longer to heat up? If so then doesn’t it rather spoil the “ready to cook in 10 mins” thing?

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Apparently still 10 minutes to heat up but I’d probably give it 20 myself to make sure and enjoy a beer whilst I wait……

chewkw
    Free Member

Nice toy I want! 😛

bruneep

Playing with fire today and the lesson learnt today, the oven cooks bastid quick around a min 😯 and it was probably too far into the oven

take off the “well done” parts it was good.

ourmaninthenorth

Arrived today. Contains an Uuni 2S pizza oven. I know what we’re eating this weekend.

bruneep

same as us burnt edged pizza

ourmaninthenorth

‘scuse the rather Instagram-esque photo. Uuni was a great success – will be having more homemade pizza from now on..!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/FryaC7]First night with @uunihq pizza oven – success!! #uuni #pizza[/url]

dmorts

Do you have to use the stone in the new version? Or do you have an option of stone or metal base?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hmmm… None of those Pizzas look any better than my oven and a tenner pizza stone produces.

ourmaninthenorth

Do you have to use the stone in the new version? Or do you have an option of stone or metal base?

So, having not used the previous version (with metal “stone”), then I can’t answer this with 100% certainty. However….

Yes, you do need to use it. There is no additional base for the pizza to go onto (i.e. without the stone you would be cooking on the floor of the oven), and there are small raised studs to rest the stone on. These would be in the way of the pizza.

I found it fine. My bigger issue was that I clearly wasn’t fuelling correctly, but that’s just practice and I’ll get it right next time.

Super little thing – I want to take it everywhere to make pizza..!

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I have to say I was rather chuffed with the results. Made a few variations including traditional Margherita (pictured) and Marinara as well as a Pizza Pilgrims inspired “Nduja”.

I tried out two dough recipes. One batch of 24hr sourdough and the other made fresh with 24hr sourdough starter. Both worked well.

Avoid burning by turning at least three times during the cook around every 20 -25 seconds.

More pizza again this weekend. Twice!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Is there a mozzarella shortage or what?

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Less is more 😉

hooli

Looks a good pizza that

Eyepic
    Free Member

^^^^
    +1 Looks great to me.

hb70

Tried our 2s out yesterday after taking the recommendations. Really pleased with the results. Really fun thing to do. Oven gets stupidly hot and cooks in 2 mins with charring optional. Small enough to take camping. Just a fun thing- can see us using it a lot.

Could do with tips on how to make the bottoms a bit crispier. I think I might have been a bit mean with the pellets at first and the stone base was not as hot as it might have been. Anyone else managed to get proper crispy bottoms?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Wishes I’d never seen this post….

bruneep

For crispy bottoms I find it takes longer to get the oven/stone up to temp than to cook the pizza.

Dont put too much stuff on the dough, less is more.

hb70

Thanks. We were very thin but may have overloaded toppings. Will try another 5 minutes of stone heating next time.

scott19
    Free Member

Nice photos of your Uuni there! Sweet setup. I was stuck for tips but I did find a guide for the 2S on their website’s resource page and there are a load of videos on their youtube. Just copy what they do, it worked for me 😉

I think it just takes a little practice and once you have the hang of it it’s awesome!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Quite unbelievably mrs ws (aka FD) is encouraging me to buy one….

hb70

We had ours out today again. All good again. Simple fun. Some questions.
    1. I keep dropping pellets when loading up. Almost need a metal funnel to better load up.
    2. My pizza stone still not hot enough. Might heat it in the oven first next time.
    3. What is the metal plate for that is shown in diagram 8? It shows it sliding in the front but not where its meant to end up.

bruneep

1. how high have you got the filler chimney? I have mine at lowest setting when lighting then add more pellets when fire in basket is going well. Half fill tube then raise to middle setting.

2. I find it takes 20 mins to get hot, aye proper hot.

3. metal plate is a flame keeper, fits onto inner s/steel skin at front.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ocj4DXcKrk[/video]

54sec in

spacemonkey

For those wanting a crispy bottom: avoid overloading your pizza and place the cheese on last (as this causes the fat to seep across the topping and not into the base).

FTR, I’m sticking with my oven for now (Jamie Oliver dough recipe, allow to rise 1-2 hrs, make base, pre-cook base alone at 2200deg for 3-4 mins, add topping (cheese(s) last), return to oven for 5-7 mins. Job done.

trail_rat
    Free Member

FTR, I’m sticking with my oven for now (Jamie Oliver dough recipe, allow to rise 1-2 hrs, make base, pre-cook base alone at 2200deg for 3-4 mins, add topping (cheese(s) last), return to oven for 5-7 mins. Job done.

Some oven that. Must make the sunday roast quick 🙂

hb70

Perfect @Bruneep thanks I had missed that.

Rik
    Free Member

Where do you buy 10kg bags of wood pellet fuel from?
    Found lots of places that will sell me 50 bags but not 1 or 2.

Are there any high street retailers like B&Q or Homebase that sell them?

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

For pellets I just went to a wood stove shop as they had 6mm pellets for bio-mass boilers.

The 6mm burn just as well. I paid a fiver for a 10kg bag.

The store was Robeys in Belper

wrightyson
    Free Member

Nice one Wilson that’s that bit sorted then as its 5 mins from my house.

Rik
    Free Member

Just ordered some from Plumb Centre £5 for a 10kg bag.

Any idea how long that will last? 1kg per pizza session?

dmorts

I’d like to get an Uuni. However with my sensible head on, can you use them to make anything else apart from pizzas?

jp-t853

I fancied something more traditional where the fire is in the oven and then moved aside to bake and I saw the below far less portable at 70kgs. I will update with results over the bank holiday.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OUTDOOR-PIZZA-OVEN-MILANO-GARDEN-OVEN-SMOKER-BRICK-BASE/311613664752?_trksid=p5713.c100043.m2062&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140502134130%26meid%3Da6871db2cd3349b18c7281b92e92f5b2%26pid%3D100043%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D311613664752

Same price as the Uuni but the Uuni’s are currently out of stock

jp-t853

Well it’s up and running

Drac

jp-t853

Thanks got a bit over excited

Pizza pictures tomorrow, wine now

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Portable Pizza oven Uuni’ is closed to new replies.