Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Portable iPod/Phone speakers, any suitable for use in a car?!
  • the-muffin-man

Unusual question I know, and I only ask because the stereo in my car is absolute shite and the car is so old I don’t want to spend loads on a new head-unit and speakers.

I’ve been looking at these on Amazon and wondered if the sound they kicked out was loud enough to hear in a car…

…or can you recommend any others.

Cheers

fubar
    Free Member

I had a listen to that speaker yesterday and it’s very impressive for it’s size (and money). I’m tempted to get one myself.

montylikesbeer

Had mine for just under a year, it is a great little speaker

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Honestly – I’m a hugh fan of these. I got a pair for a nephew a xmas pressie a few years back and was so impressed we got some for me and missus’s holidays with the ipod / laptop etc.

Realistically though – your car speakers must be truly bloody awful if these are in the ball park. They will be loud enough – but the louder they go the less bass they have – I dont know if that makes sense. They are really loud though and survive a really long time without charges. In a car you will be turning them down before they reach their limit.

Overall summary – a massive improvement on laptop or iphone speakers (and esp great for laptop dvds) but imo not for a car.

PePPeR

Best bit is you can plug them into each other if you have more than one and they then get even bloody louder 😉

I was given one as a present and my wife nicked it off me and I’ve not seen it since!

maccruiskeen

the car is so old I don’t want to spend loads on a new head-unit and speakers.

Nothing to stop you taking the stuff out again when you sell the car

CountZero

Really not appropriate for a car. Yes, they go pretty loud in a quiet room, and the bass is surprising for such a tiny thing, but any background noise and they struggle. The leads are very short, only about 2″, so not easy to set apart from each other. When I bought mine, there were only display boxes, which were several inches square, so when the shop assistant came back with this tiny little plastic cube I thought she’d made a mistake. I was impressed enough to go and buy a second one, though. Brilliant with the phone, I’ll be taking them on holiday next month.

dobo
    Free Member

they are great for the money and size but honestly i think you will be disappointed in the car. they are just not big enough. They are the sort of thing you take to work, take on a bivi adventure, take to the park etc. not the car, some cheapo halfords speakers would be better

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Portable iPod/Phone speakers, any suitable for use in a car?!’ is closed to new replies.