• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Pork crackling – make it properly! Dammit!
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Pork crackling … yes, I like them very much. FFS! Don’t they know how to make it properly? Bought a bag of it from the local delicatessen counter for £2.30 …

When I was in Thailand the pork crackling I ate was so good I thought I could get some here …

Guess what … it will now cost me at least £800 – £1.2K depending on diagnosis. The bloody thing is so hard it cracked/split/fractured my one of my tooth. Might need a crown for the damage done … dammit!

I have already arranged for an urgent dental appointment to see if my tooth can be saved. Dammit! Hurts like hell now.

Damn! Damn! Damn! Money that I don’t have and money that I can put to good use.

Bloody pork crackling.

😡

Pigface
    Free Member

Scratchings or crackle?

thecaptain
    Free Member

you should probably give up eating proper food if your teeth aren’t up to it 😈

sandwicheater

trail_rat
    Free Member

you do understand regional variations on food right ?

chewkw
    Free Member

Pigface – Member

Scratchings or crackle?

The local in GeordieLand called it Pork Crackling … well, that’s what I was told anyway. (picture below is only illustration and not the one I bought)

thecaptain – Member

you should probably give up eating proper food if your teeth aren’t up to it

Pork fat is tasty … hmmm … yes, they supposed to be proper food until they have done some serious damage to my tooth. 🙁

trail_rat – Member
    you do understand regional variations on food right ?

Pork fat is pork fat … yes, I know the variation but how hard can pork fat be … errmm … very hard apparently. I love pork fat but arrghh … this time … damn!

sandwicheater – Member

I had a dream last night that my tooth was split into half so it dropped off it leaving a big gap in my mouth … 😥

Pigface
    Free Member

You paid £2.30 for a bag of scratching’s they saw you coming 😆

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Those are definitely scratchings. Usually made in Tipton and fried ‘ard as steel…

chewkw
    Free Member

Pigface – Member

You paid £2.30 for a bag of scratching saw you coming

It’s a big bag of around 300g to 400g not your 90g supermarket light weight you know. Supermarket sell them for around £1 for 70g – 90g depending on brand.

They are proper pork fat … very good and tasty. 🙁

one_happy_hippy – Member

Those are definitely scratchings. Usually made in Tipton and fried ‘ard as steel

😥 I am going to miss my pork fat love for a while now … I shall miss you pork fat my love …

thecaptain
    Free Member

It’s not just fat, there’s skin too. As you just found out 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

thecaptain – Member

It’s not just fat, there’s skin too. As you just found out

Bloody hell … yes, those are exoskeleton pork fat fending off me … 😥

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I ended up with pork crunch by mistake once.. like a piggy version of quavers ..OP you might want to try them out with your new nashers

chewkw
    Free Member

cheekymonkey888 – Member

I ended up with pork crunch by mistake once.. like a piggy version of quavers ..OP you might want to try them out with your new nashers

The one I ate in Thailand I think was pork crunch (judging from the difference in regional cooking) with the hardness of quavers I kid you not. They were soooo tasty … hhhhmmm … it was so niceee. It’s like eating the forgotten food. I know my grandma could cook them nicely but the one I ate in Thailand was out of this world. Pork fat rules!

😛

MrNice
    Free Member

I’ve never heard of pork crunch. Are you saying it has the heavenly piggy taste of scratchings without the ensuing need for emergency dentistry?

*drools*

EDIT: look what I just found!!!!

teasel
    Free Member

I had a dream last night that my tooth was split into half so it dropped off it leaving a big gap in my mouth …

If this incident happened after that dream then you only have yourself to blame.

Also, if true, then you appear to have the same ability as DezB. A minor super power or some such…

chewkw
    Free Member

teasel – Member

I had a dream last night that my tooth was split into half so it dropped off it leaving a big gap in my mouth …

If this incident happened after that dream then you only have yourself to blame. [/quote]

It was after I noticed my tooth has damaged that I started to dream about it last night. This is because yesterday night I realised that not only I may loose a tooth I may also incur unnecessary cost all due to craving for pork fat … arrghh …

If it was before I would have avoided it …

🙁

MrNice – Member

I’ve never heard of pork crunch. Are you saying it has the heavenly piggy taste of scratchings without the ensuing need for emergency dentistry?

*drools*

EDIT: look what I just found!!!!

🙁 … I am going to give it a miss for a while until I have something similar to Jaws (from James Bond).

Sandwich

Mr Nice if you have the right card they are available here too

ste_t
    Free Member

I broke a tooth in half on a pork scratching over a decade ago. I loved the bloody things but not been able to face them since.

Given the cost and the fact I was skint at the time, I just had the dentist sedate me and rip the tooth out.

Drac

The local in GeordieLand called it Pork Crackling

Pork Crackling!

It’s Pig Lugs or Pork Scratchings.

Must have been a southerner.

Those pork crunches are not anything that resembles scratchings.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Pork crackling – make it properly! Dammit!’ is closed to new replies.