Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • PORC or Aston Hill for a young (but pretty decent rider)
  • ianv
    Free Member

Looking for somewhere to stop on the way north from Dover with my son.

He is a pretty good rider but prefers the faster, open aerial stuff (ideally tables rather than doubles) to steep and tech. Also, as he is young I will probably end up having to push both our bikes back up so would rather avoid steep push ups.

Which would be the better venue for a couple of hours?

steveh

Both are good, Aston is a pretty steep push up and suffers in the rain if you’re not confident as it gets pretty slippy. Aston has some nice trails but most are rooty and have steeper sections. PORC has loads of tracks to ride, more jumps in general and is better in the wet.

br
    Free Member

Aston Hill will be a mud bath now, its all thawed around here – what about Chicksands (not sure where your journey is), usually is pretty weather resistant.

http://www.chicksandsbikepark.co.uk/

cookeaa

I’d say PORC based on your OP.

obviously closer, not so steep but has a nice mix of trails for him to try plus some DJs and a 4x track. Aston is also a good place to spend the day but steeper and mostly chalkey so if you take a beginner on a wet day there’s every chance he’ll qind up miserable, especially with the push up…

ianv
    Free Member

Aston Hill will be a mud bath now

will forget that then.

Dover>Bradford so Chicksands would also be an option. Thanks

br
    Free Member

Go Chicksands, plus been half-term there should be other Grom’s there 🙂

The 4x track is good for sessioning, with only an easy 10 mins push back, a dual-track, jumps (from big to small) and numerous mini-DH runs.

ianv
    Free Member

What is PORC like after a wet spell?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PORC or Aston Hill for a young (but pretty decent rider)’ is closed to new replies.