porage, how do you eat yours?

Home Forum Chat Forum porage, how do you eat yours?

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • porage, how do you eat yours?
  • Premier Icon YoKaiser
    Subscriber

One tea cup of porridge mixed with one cup of milk and one water.
    Add pinch of salt and sprnkle of black pepper. Stir. Bring to bubbling, stir occasionally and simmer.
    Add tablespoon of manuka honey to serve. mmmmmmm.
    This takes exactly the same time as it does to boil the kettle.

This with sometimes a banana. Kids like Nutella, jam, syrup,honey and blueberries as well.

Premier Icon YoKaiser
    Subscriber

Oh and leave it to sit for a few minutes before dishing up….and a ‘halo’ of milk.

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

just had some there, cooked with water, salt, black pepper and I juiced a lime into it, then eating it with milk after.

Bloody lovely! I shall continue to experiment further! ๐Ÿ™‚

sofatester

100g in a bowl, semi skimmer milk, 2 mins max power in the microwave and then add some blue berries.

Yum.

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

100g is a bit much no? just used about 40/50g there, and that was plenty!

incidently is there a difference in the oats you buy, what are the best to buy? just been using some scotts porage oats that have been lying in the cupboard for yonks?

fogliettaz

1 measure of oats to 4 measures of water simmer gently until all the water is absorbed pour over freshly picked raspberrys from the garden and drizzle with a little honey. That is what I this morning, should be good for my high cholesterol count!

sofatester

100g is a bit much no?

No, i’m quite a big chap so need more than the average amount of calories in the morning!

๐Ÿ˜€

incidentally is there a difference in the oats you buy, what are the best to buy?

Whatever’s cheapest. It’s just oats after all.

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

Whatever’s cheapest. It’s just oats after all.

That’s like saying bread is just bread.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

100g!! bloody hell. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ I have maybe 30g at most, and that will fuel a days riding!

sofatester

That’s like saying bread is just bread.

No it’s not. Though please carry on buying the expensive stuff if it makes you feel happy ๐Ÿ˜‰

100g!! bloody hell

I honestly thought that was a standard sized portion that any keen sportsman would have. I’m starting to feel very insecure about my eating habits now.

๐Ÿ˜

AdamW

AdamW – was the experiment a success?

Errr, no.

Posh porridge plus soy+sultanas: ok, slightly glutinous but powdery.
    Cheaper porridge plus soy+sultanas: same
    Cheaper porridge plus water+sultanas: lets not go there….. ๐Ÿ™‚

mattsccm

I bet lots of you have it like bloody soup, all sloppy. It should be stiff enough to stay in an inverted dish. Nearly malt loaf consistency which is the perfect consistency for all food.

samjgeorge86

Oats are different… Price is irrelevant in terms of “which is nicer”, but each brand is different.

Jamz

Combine oats with with buckwheat, barley or rye. Pour over warmish water and add in a few spoonfuls of Kefir whey. Give it all a good stir. Cover and leave to ferment at room temp for at least 12 hours – the longer the better.

Once the mixture is looking and smelling suitably lively tip the lot into a pan and bring it up to a simmer. Add in any combination of cinnamon/nutmeg/cloves/allspice with a pinch of sea salt, a good grinding of black pepper and a hearty lump of butter. Stir for around at least 15 mins or until the desired consistency/boredom threshold is reached. Sometimes raisins and/or finely chopped apple is stirred in a few minutes before finishing.

Pour the concoction into a bowl and leave it to cool. Place into the fridge. When you’re ready to eat remove from the fridge and pour over some milk. Chopped banana also works very well on top once it has come out of the fridge.

As you can see, I have spare time in abundance!

Premier Icon dudeofdoom
    Subscriber

It’s a bit of an extravagance but I get protein porridge powder that you just dump two scoops and 200ml of hot water…. Lush stuff and super quick as I normally eat it standing up whilst getting ready for da ride to work…

BillMC

Oats, a wholemeal weetabix, banana, ginger, walnuts, 2 figs, semi-skimmed milk all in the liquidiser. Then blast that down with a strong black cup of Guatemalan coffee. That can see me through till the evening.

samjgeorge86

Just had my morning mornflakes, milk, 3 mins nuked, brown sugar, raisins, and some cinnamon. Can’t beat it.

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘porage, how do you eat yours?’ is closed to new replies.