Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 165 total)
  • pop up adds
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

First of I like the site so thanks to STW Staffers etc…

Buuuut:-

1 I get annoyed that the last thing to load is the Log in button so I get the ads first. The avoidance of ads is why i pay my subscription
    2 I have tried several times to cancel the print subscription and go digital only but it won’t let me, why?

Cougar

2 I have tried several times to cancel the print subscription and go digital only but it won’t let me, why?

Give ’em a ring maybe? Number’s in Drac’s post at the top of this page.

Drac

Surrounded ring the subs bods they will assist you. The number is up there.

Robdob sorry I wasn’t aware of that.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Four brief visits today – six private banks and two bloody watches in the process. Getting Tudor and lloyds at the same time is taking the proverbial.

It’s not the 12 days of Xmas!!!!

footflaps

Four brief visits today – six private banks and two bloody watches in the process.

Surely a man of your means can afford a ‘P’!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I stopped my kids subscribing for me as a pressie for two reasons which I shared with mods. Enough said.

footflaps

Too many lefties on the forum? 😉

wwaswas

Enough said.

I shall now fret about this for the rest of the day.

footflaps

I shall now fret about this for the rest of the day.

I think the STW Towers Pro-independence stance really upset him 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

eamhurtmore – Member
    I stopped my kids subscribing for me as a pressie for two reasons which I shared with mods. Enough said

You wanted something more? Is it the campag bottle opener?

Cougar

I stopped my kids subscribing for me as a pressie for two reasons which I shared with mods. Enough said

I don’t remember what that was now. I’d go back and check but your name is on so many Moderator emails it’d take me hours to find it.

sbob
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

I don’t remember what that was now. I’d go back and check but your name is on so many Moderator emails it’d take me hours to find it.

On the forum I paid to subscribe to, I’d be inserting a handbags smiley.
    😆

Rio

I get annoyed that the last thing to load is the Log in button so I get the ads first

I’ve got rid of this problem on IOS by somehow bookmarking the login page rather than the forum page. I’m not sure how I did it but it now gives me the login page if I’m not logged on or goes straight to the forum (with no adverts) if I’m already logged on.

footflaps

I don’t remember what that was now

A Nomad Carbon frame with XTR-DiII groupset and a STW bobble hat.

robdob
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    Surrounded ring the subs bods they will assist you. The number is up there.
    Robdob sorry I wasn’t aware of that.

So I got a free one month “P” from STW to make me see what the fuss what about, and then they baited me with a £5 off deal to subscribe but then STW won’t take my money. You couldn’t make it up. 🙄

The offer email I got didn’t mention is was DD only, so I spent an hour trying to pay by card, then emailing them to ask what was wrong to be told then it was DD only and my card wasn’t accepted.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

A bit OT but as the mods (and techies?) are here – it’s working on FireFox again, thanks.

jp-t853

Having lost my “P” I now cannot use the site on a mobile device as it is completely unusable

I am not sure what devices you are using but Opera Mini set to ‘single column view’ is by far the best way to view this site. Adverts are non existent

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Cougs – I doubt that. But don’t waste your valuable time. It’s not important.

scotroutes

The “Subscribe” button comes up early. Click that and then you’ll see a login box (prefilled).

Drac

Or keep logged in.

scotroutes

But you are logged out occasionally (see various threads on this).

metalheart
    Free Member

Well just to see how things were I opened singletrackworld.com forum.

Up comes private banking, okay, just wait a minute, let it settle then close. Okay. Oh **** bang here comes Tudor, screen hijacked only way out is to shut down the window. It’s almost like you want me to **** off.

In my deleted post (I mentioned the unmentionable) I stated I was a print subscriber for 4 or 5 years so my choice of ‘abandoning’ the P was because it wasn’t worth it for me (and I’m not a long time ‘freeloader’ just bitching). Never used the premier content and only download a couple of the mags in all that time.

I’ve stopped visiting on my phone and had it with the iPad now. So it’s either flounce (or the unmentionables) for me I’m afraid.

piemonster

I don’t mind the ads (usually). But the full screen ones are a little bit ewwwww….

I know, I could subscribe. But I don’t actually like the mag. No offence, I don’t like any of the others either. Of any genre. Especially the running mags. Don’t get me started on Cycling Weekly.

This is my entry for most useless post of the day. I can sense a long day at work, whinging, complaining and generally being joyfully miserable.

scotroutes

I never read the mag. I subscribe to support the forum.

dragon
    Free Member

Arrghhh, just opened this on the laptop to find the ads covering the left third of the page, and it’s totally unusable as a web page even on a 17″ screen. I had to re-load the page to remove. This isn’t some kind of short lived pop up ad like you might get on a newspaper site, this is a complete balls up of the forum.

piemonster

I never read the mag. I subscribe to support the forum.

Which is a good thing to do. But I’m basically not that ‘good’ a person.

I prefer to have 50% of my screen as an advert(mainly Tripsters and Rosetta Stone ads) to support the forum.

100% is a bit much, and it’s a terrible chore to drag my finger across to the top right of my ipad. Can we not stick it the ‘X’ somewhere central. My calories are precious.

piemonster

Oooh, that top banner ad reminds me. Need to book a dentist appointment.

richmars

Arrghhh, just opened this on the laptop to find the ads covering the left third of the page

Yes, that would be the ad for ST Mag. It always does that.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

dragon – Member
    Arrghhh, just opened this on the laptop to find the ads covering the left third of the page, and it’s totally unusable as a web page even on a 17″ screen

I reloaded it about 10 times to see what all the fuss was about. No pop ups just some ads, yes it’s a lot of ads but it’s still perfectly usable (on a 17″ laptop or my mobile when I need to login again which is about once a month)

allthepies
    Free Member

lol @ that pic. The forum content is easily less than 50% of the screen real estate (sorry for terminology). I would have thought that content first, ads second would be the way to go. But then I don’t pay the bills. Does seem odd.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yeah it is but unusable is a bit of an exaggeration.

nealglover
    Free Member

The forum content is easily less than 50% of the screen real estate (sorry for terminology)

Easily fixed.

The forum content is easily less than 50% of the screen real estate (sorry for terminology)

allthepies
    Free Member

Well it’s certainly crass from a web design point of view.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

If that takes your machine more than 5 seconds to load you have problems with it!

You could avoid the delay by right-clicking on the links you wish to view and opening them in new tabs, then when you’ve chosen all the pages you wish to view, select the first tab containing the thread you wish to start with, which by that time will have loaded, and so on. When you’ve finished with it, hit back, and while THAT loads, select the next tab to read in the meantime. HTH

And of course the ads load first, or you’d just hit the stop button when the forum appeared 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

I click loads of adverts every few days to support the forum 🙂

Costs me £0/month.

(Hope it works)

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Also, zoom in. HTHF 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

Repeated ad clicking from the same identified source may well have a detrimental effect on revenues. The ad supplier’s aren’t stupid and make efforts to detect bogus clicking.

iolo
    Free Member

Here’s a crazy idea.
    If the ads annoy so much on the sides and you believe the forum is unusable as it’s less than a third of the screen how’s about increasing the screen percentage so that all you see is the forum?
    Or is that too much like hard work and you will have nothing to complain about?

Mark

It does Neal.
    Thanks

nealglover
    Free Member

It does Neal.
    Thanks

Nice one.

Yorkshire premier membership tag please 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 165 total)

The topic ‘pop up adds’ is closed to new replies.