Poorly sick… Album recommendations pls

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Poorly sick… Album recommendations pls
  • aphex_2k

Some kind of throat infection and all over achy ness .. .Spent the day at Legoland Malaysia yesterday (35c and 85 percent humidity) nearly bloody killed me… Managed to avoid going again today to the water park so wifey has taken the kids. She’s also booked a GP to visit me this arvo and thinks I need antibiotics. (GP home visit is costing us though. 5 quid… Crazy!)

Anyone suggest a good new album to listen too when my headache has buggered off?

vickypea

A Deeper Cut – the Temperance Movement

hodgynd

Ooh ..I had forgotten about this release Vickypea..

Good shout ..

Listening now on Spotify ..worth a spin OP!

Cheers

aphex_2k

Thanks.

Doc’s just been. Drove 40 mins to see me and brought meds too. Anti biotic, nurofen,, lozenges and some cough syrup. We had a good chat as he used to fly with RODS across Western Australia. Dx me with streptococcal throat – bacterial tonsillitis and pharyngitis.. Nice.

lambchop

‘This Is Eggland’ by The Lovely Eggs. Lancaster’s finest!

hodgynd

New Jack White album ” Boarding House Reach” is released today ( already on Spotify ) ..not got to it yet so don’t know what it’s like ..

Get well soon Aphex ..

Premier Icon rone
    Subscriber

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>But enjoying The Decemberists  “I’ll be your girl”, Suuns “Felt” and Typhoon “Offerings.” The latter being my favourite.</span>

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>A few good one’s this week with the looks of it.</span>

hodgynd

Jack White …an artist who I’ve always thought that I should like but apart from a few tracks here and there just can’t get in to .

Half way through playing his latest offering and it’s pretty shite tbh..at least to these lugholes ( sorry if you’re a fan ).

Premier Icon richardkennerley
    Subscriber

Not strictly new but I’ve just been listening to Idles- Brutalism. Should straighten your headache out!

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Jack White…not got to it yet so don’t know what it’s like ..

I’ve heard it (was going to start a thread!) – proper return to form. Organ solos, screeching geeeetars. Really good. Especially after the Lazarezoo (whatever it was) disappointment. Might order the vinyl today.

For Aphex, I’d recommend… Two Left Ears or The Trash Company or Essaie Pas or Dabrye.

( sorry if you’re a fan )

Lolz. Like I’d give a shite what anyone else thought!

hodgynd

I feel the same way Dez..just covering my back really 😉

‘Harmony of Difference’ by Kamasi Washington

(6 – track EP)

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

I want to go to Legoland malaysia

hodgynd

Typhoon ..Offerings .

Liked the music ..not the style of  vocals so much ..too whiney .

Sorry what did I just write there ?😁

hodgynd

Another album release today ..Neil Young + Promise of The Real ..” Paradox”..

I love that bloke when he plays electric guitar ..and the standout track for me is Cowgirl Jam ..

CountZero

I’ve heard it (was going to start a thread!) – proper return to form. Organ solos, screeching geeeetars. Really good. Especially after the Lazarezoo (whatever it was) disappointment.

Not got any of his solo work, but 6Records have been playing a fair amount off the new album, and I’m liking what I hear. I’ve always liked his guitar style, very distinctive, and his songwriting is unique. Fiscal constraints dictate I can’t just go and splurge fifty or sixty quid on a bunch of new albums, though. 😕

hodgynd

You could always listen on Spotify or is that not an option ?

Premier Icon cloudnine
    Subscriber

Sounds very much like you have a virus.  IANAD but it’s likely that the anti biotics won’t do shit.  Unless of course you have a bacterial infection.

wordnumb

The new Meat Beat Manifesto record has various healing properties and sounds good, won’t tempt you to try singing along.

Palace Winter are worth a listen – and they’ve got a new album coming out in May.  BBC 6 Music have played a few tracks and it sounds really good.

I think it would have to be some alcohol, a warm fire and Nadia Reid – Preservation

Caught in Still Life by Vaults.

For relaxing ambient while the antibiotics perform a log-6 reduction, anything by Postiljonen or Sigur Ros.

GWS

ElShalimo

Check out The Orioles from Halifax

Premier Icon eddiebaby
    Subscriber

Hi hodgynd, thanks for the Neil Young heads up. That’s another £11 apple have had from me. Sounds good on a first listen.

lambchop

Have you listened to and been blown away by The Lovely Eggs yet?

aphex_2k

@cloudnine    doc said it was bacterial hence the Ab’s he prescribed me.

Back in Perth now anyways. Great holiday bar the throat issue. Just forced a pizza down followed by a large glass of monkey shoulder.

hodgynd

@eddiebaby ..you are welcome sir 😊

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Poorly sick… Album recommendations pls’ is closed to new replies.