Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)
  • Poor selling cars you rarely see….
  • 10pmix
    Free Member

Plenty of Ssanyong Rodius around as taxis but even then, why?!

Where did all the Ford Sierras go?

tonyg2003

Mazada 121 – oddly shaped little thing.
    Strangely lots of Nissan Figaro’s around here (dealer nearby) but you don’t see them anywhere else.

Some of the cars mentioned are rare but not ugly.

shifter
    Free Member

Pondo: Cayenne poor selling? It’s Porsche’s best selling model.

globalti
    Free Member

Suzuki X-90, that ghastly 2 seater. Why?

jools182
    Free Member

the hatches that they turn into saloons are shocking

I can’t think of one that looks nice

edlong
    Free Member

Porsche Panamerica

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I always liked the Ford Urine!

tenfoot

Mrs tenfoot has a bora. That looks alright (IMO, of course)

Markie
    Free Member

I thought the Panamera is selling well, but given its price us always going to be rare?

10pmix
    Free Member

Passat R36
    Passat W8
    Golf Country
    Ford Cougar
    Vauxhall Monaro
    Suzuki Liana Estate

nealglover
    Free Member

Honda jazz,

Are we naming cars that look OK and that that are hundreds of thousands of, and you see them literally everywhere 🙂

That is certainly not a Rare car by any definition.

tonyg2003

I salute you Globalti

Suzuki X-90, that ghastly 2 seater

Nobody can top that. I must have erased it from my memory for a reason!

Houns

😮 if it wasn’t for the Jazz honda wouldn’t exist! ( mild over exaggeration admittedly but they ain’t rare!)

1981miked
    Free Member

Nissan Sunny GTi-R, plenty jap imports but very few UK spec cars.

Anything by Ssangyong.. Awful cars
    Chrysler PT Cruiser.. Why would u even consider one
    Chrysler Neon
    Vauxhall Cavalier MK2 convertible
    Vauxhall Belmont SRi

johndoh
    Free Member

Alfa Arna
    Yeah that was a good idea – combining the strengths of Alfa Romeo and Nissan:

That legendary Nissan styling and handling with equally legendary Alfa Romeo engineering and build quality. I wonder if someone got something transposed in an early memo..
    And brakes at the engine side of the stub axle so a pig of a job to change. And the spark plugs? You need pixies to reach the damn things without taking half of the engine out.

teenrat

Aston Martin Lagonda. Its just plain wrong

tthew

There’s an Alfa Arna 2. Never seen one of those.

Bimbler
    Free Member

I saw one of those Aston Martin Toyota thingies the other day

oldnpastit

Bit old now….

But the ugliest car around back in its day.

Markie
    Free Member

A Cygnet? Only 143 registered, apparently!

pondo

Cayenne poor selling? It’s Porsche’s best selling model.

Yeah, sorry – it was more an observation of the ugliness of the things, so shouldn’t be in this thread. On those grounds I retract the Cayenne, but I stand by my statement of its fugliness.

kcal

oi! I learned to drive in an Allegro estate (had some nodding similarity to a min hearse I always reckoned).

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I pass a Nova saloon every day on my commute, going in the other direction. Utter crap, but fair play for keeping it going.

I had one. It was a decent car actually, pokey little thing round town, comfy, reliable, cheap, HUGE boot!

I also had a 1976-ish VW Derby a long time ago, a Polo saloon, which was even more pokey than the Nova and had a MAHOOSIVE boot. I used to chuck stuff in and listen for the thud when it hit the bottom. I can totally see the point of saloon cars. 🙂

Like this, but metallic bronze with chrome outer wheel trims.

Bregante

Ruling out the old (not really a surprise that you don’t see many allegro’s on the road these days) you don’t really see many VW Phaetons on the road. I took one apart bit by bit last year. It was lovely but I was looking for something 😉

Edit: Citroen C6 is another one

ThePinkster

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you…..

The Austin Princess!

CountZero

Mrs tenfoot has a bora. That looks alright (IMO, of course)

I test-drove one. Bought a Skoda Octavia.
    I know someone with a PT Cruiser, got back in touch through here, as it happens. Hope he doesn’t see this thread… 😆

totalshell

one of the staff at our local petrol staion uses a lime green allegro as a daily driver and last week i saw an austin ambassador in a drive.. yup it had a vinyl roof

andypaul99
    Free Member

hmmm lovely

LMT
    Free Member

Saloons sell really well across Europe, no idea why us brits hate them so much. I saw a new Citroen C-Eylsee when I was in lanzarote a couple of weeks ago. Looked like a c4 with a boot and slight makeover. Nice to drive and loads of space for a bike in the boot. Citroen won’t release it over here as they know it won’t sell. But it has sold well in China, and its loebs new car for WTCC next year, although his may have a better spec!!

http://www.citroencelysee.com/

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Got to stick up for the Nova…they were good cars in their day. I had one for 8 years and 80k+ miles and was totally reliable, easy to work on, simple and tough. 45 mpg+ regardless of how you drove it. Still sought after as cheap privateer rally cars today. But yes, the saloons did look hideous. Best were the 3door with the square rear arches 😉

project
    Free Member

Ford Fusion,

Jaguar sportsback thing, eg mondeo rebodied

mondeo estate,

Rover 400,45

Waderider
    Free Member

Talbot Tagora. Mmmmmmm.

PePPeR

I’ve got an Austin Ambassador in my workshop, 😉

Just replaced the engine in it, then got to a tiny bit of welding on one rear wheelarch and its back on the road again!

molgrips
    Free Member

In the US they don’t like hatchbacks. In the 70s they tried to introduce a few small ones they were really bad, which means that as soon as the oil crisis went away manufacturers gave up and the very conservative car buying public associate the word ‘hatchback’ with cheap crap. So when the big global manufacuters try and sell small cars (hard enough as it is) they roll out the saloon version with eye-watering results. Saloon Yaris anyone?

6079smithw
    Free Member

MG ZT/Rover 75 V8

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Surprises me that UK buyers are so sniffy about saloons, yet one sees plenty of the “CC” versions of mid sized cars…focus, 307, megane…which are about as ugly a motor as you’re likely to see.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Subaru Tribeca one fugly poor selling heap of metal.
    Can’t post a picture cause me phone won’t copy the fn web address.

TiRed

VW Vento

Not many left now. I drove 140K faultless commuting miles along the M40 at 56 mpg in mine. The irony is that we also had a Golf, and the boot on the Vento was so much better and the car was £2K cheaper. We used to put the buggy and travel cot in lengthways. Really it was a Golf Estate without the top corner.

VW have always had a problem selling saloon cars.

irvb

My mum had a Talbot Samba back in the early eighties – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talbot_Samba

Not many of those left….. must be worth a fortune now. Or not.

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=talbot+samba

amplebrew

I’ve only ever seen one Talbot Rancho…..

I suppose it was ahead of it’s time as I don’t really recall anything similar in it’s day. Certainly no-one was driving around in mpv’s and soft roaders back then.

matra-simca-rancho by Ample Brew, on Flickr

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘Poor selling cars you rarely see….’ is closed to new replies.