Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pompino to more expensive steel frame….
  • ds3000
    Free Member

So, I’ve had a Pompino as my main commuter/do-it-all bike for years. It’s super smooth, however I’ve begun to convince myself that it’s somewhat dead feeling. I know that my Singular swift feels a lot more zingy in comparison, but I wouldn’t want to use that as an everyday commuter type thing. I’m curious to know whether I’d notice a difference in liveliness/springiness if I swapped the same components over to a higher spec steel road frame, 853/columbus/ect.

What do you all think? Anyone offer a comparison with a Pompino? Thanks in advance.

cp

what wheels/tyres are you using? Some nicer/lighter wheels would probably make a chunk of difference.

ds3000
    Free Member

Ultegra 6800, tubeless with Schwalbe ones.

dovebiker

Had a Pompino for a while and sold it because it was dead and lifeless – ridden plenty of steel frames and agree that a decent one will have more ‘zing’, some carbon forks will also reduce a chunk of weight.

brooess
    Free Member

Not ridden a Pompino but my Condor Tempo is so nice to ride that I find excuses to go and ride it. Yesterday I rode down to Ikea to buy two £1.20 plates just so I had an excuse to ride 🙂

I reckon it’ll pay for itself in reduced train fares and petrol as well as having a bigger smile on my face than anyone else by the time I get to work.

I wouldn’t over-upgrade the frame, though if you’re using the same wheels, unless they’re something really nice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pompino to more expensive steel frame….’ is closed to new replies.