Pompino

Home Forum Bike Forum Pompino

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pompino
  • lotto

Described as an urban bike on the website. If I change the tyres and adjust the gearing it should be ok for some ss cx right?

Premier Icon Garry_Lager
    Subscriber

I’d say so – feels great off road. Ride position seems good for making progress IME, don’t know how it relates to a full-monty race CX geometry, but it’s a long way from the upright style you’d get on an urban bike.

The pomp is quite weighty – guess that would be the main drawback. Makes for a great indestructible fixie commuter, but not really an asset for CX.

jwab

I noticed another post where you said you were after a new frame?

I have a medium, latest style dark blue one i will be selling new or split up if you are interested. it is literally as new. used for nearly a year but only on the road so no damage at all.

It has a cane creen headset and new shimano BB. Let me know if you want pictures and or details of the build in case there are other part you would be interested in. I have built it up with carbon forks that have road based clearance so assume it would be a split if you are interested.

umop3pisdn

I’ve raced cross on mine. Clearances are just about adequate on the back, and poor on the stock fork. Much better with a carbon fork.

chief9000

I am guessing that when they named the bike “pompino” they didnt consider the meaning in italian? or maybe they did?

lotto

@ jwab. I’m after a large. Thank you for the offer though.

rendo

@lotto
    large frameset in classifieds if you look at my other postings

jonba

That bloke off here what wrote the book did the three peaks on it so probably. DavidB?

Premier Icon Nick
    Subscriber

@chief9000 – Yeah they did 🙂

Samuri/Jon Wyatt managed the Three Peaks on one, fixed.

http://www.63xc.com/sriley/jonwyatt.htm

20130718_171453 by cycleofaddiction 1, on Flickr
    The Pompino makes a great SSCX bike and handles great offroad and if you you pair it with a carbon fork and a nice light set wheels it isn’t too heavy either, I put off replacing my stolen mtb for 18 months because this is such a fun to ride offroad. If you’re looking for something that’s a bit different to your mtb for a second bike you won’t go far wrong with the Pompino

lotto

@ rendo. Correct size, I’m just not keen on the colour, sorry.

I had one that got smidsyd by a car, so I bought a new one. The seat angle has been steepened, which is a very good thing, and I’m now using a Surly long haul trucker fork which actually gives it some comfort.. The On-one fork is shite.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Pompino’ is closed to new replies.