Pompetamine Alfine cable routing

Home Forum Bike Forum Pompetamine Alfine cable routing

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pompetamine Alfine cable routing
  • simonm

Baffled by where to run cable for Alfine on my Pompetamine, anyone got a pic of there routing ? cheers.

Premier Icon smokey_jo
    Subscriber

Don’t have a pic handy but it’s a bit of a faff. On the last cable stop on the seat stay fix cable to frame with a zip tie but leave enough slack so that you could get 2 pieces of outer through the zip tie. You then make an s shape with the outer so that it will then run into the hub at the correct angle. Bit of a design fail for a bike designed to run alfine hubs IMO.

simonm

Cheers Jo, so you still have to run the alfine cable entry horizontal to the chain stay ? some of the pomp pics show it running diagonal up the seat stay..but I cant appear to set the alfine in that position.

theflatboy

so it annoys people like me who have the routing but don’t need it, and it annoys people who need it by not having it in the right place? haha, good effort on one! 😆

druidh

simonm – Member
    Cheers Jo, so you still have to run the alfine cable entry horizontal to the chain stay ? some of the pomp pics show it running diagonal up the seat stay..but I cant appear to set the alfine in that position.

Swap the non-turn washers around.

simonm

cheers Druid…. will try to figure that out. The alfines all a bit new and strange to me

druidh

simonm – it’s simple enough, just remove the wheel, then both the axle nuts. Swap the Blue/Green non-turn washers to the other side, and refit the wheel. I did this on my 9:zero:7 fatbike to get the cable running up the seatstay.

bristolbiker

Have a look at the pics on the On-One site – check the arrangement and colour of the non-turn washer to get to run down the seatstay. I haven’t got mine with me today to confirm but it will be a combination of blue/green as druidh says.

simonm

cool, cheers chaps

drlex

If you need a pic, I can post one up. I do recall that the cable on mine is only zip-tied to the frame on the upper fixing point on the seat stay; lower point is not used.

thepodge

I find if I try running the shifter arm up the seatstay it’s far too close to the chain and I run the risk of the chain rubbing through the cable outer

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pompetamine Alfine cable routing’ is closed to new replies.