Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • Poll – "The One FS Bike" – What frame would you go for?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Still wish I could have afforded a mav when I got my turner, I think It may have been yours mboy ?? Love the turner but still pine for a mav

Bullet

Cove Hustler all the way 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m hoping a very cheap speialized pitch frame with an uprated shock and the best components money can buy could be the answer to this one…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    I_Ache
    Free Member

Maybe this. I love Enduros!

I_Ache
    Free Member

TSY

Make sure you can get travel adjust forks. Riding around with them at 160 all the time is too much really.

carbon337
    Free Member

The one I bought, Orange Five.

Does all sorts of riding days. Would like a CCDB to finish it off but that aint gona happen soon.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I Ache… it’s pretty much just for riding the trans provence on later this year. Rest of the time I’m happy on my new hardtail.

neninja
    Free Member

Another vote for the Helius AC

I love my Helius CC – it’s such a great all rounder

chakaping
    Free Member

My Cube Fritzz.

Fantastic bike and very versatile. Really need to take it somewhere worth riding it again soon.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Nicolais finally becoming popular. On my fourth now and would choose it as my only full sus. Got the am currently and absolutely love it.

Just got the cranks and wheels to upgrade and then it’s perfect.

soma_rich
    Free Member

SamB
    Free Member

Whichever one has the suspension action I get on with best. At the moment it’d be a toss up between a Slopestyle 2 / Blue LTC / Nomad carbon / Enduro carbon evo (if that exists?). But I don’t want to get rid of my lovely red Intense 5.5 😛

Never tried a DW-link though so a HD could be an option.

MartynS

I have it. Turner 5spot.
    A far better bike than I am a rider..!!

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Not very niche, but a Giant Trance X

Mintyjim

I’ve just done exactly this…sold the hardtail and DH and now only have a 2009 Trek Remedy with u-turn Lyriks and two sets of wheels. I run it 1×9 because I rarely ride for more than 2.5hrs and my legs are OK for that.

Got some DH wheels and a 50mm stem for the Alps or w/e’s of downhill on the local South Wales DH tracks.

Can’t fault it as my one bike. Although being a bike obsessive it’s very difficult not coveting other bikes, bargains and new bits…but the sustained discipline is saving me serious wonga

stanley

I was in that same (lucky) position last year; went for a DW 5-Spot. Very happy with it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That enduro does look really nice, hmmm….

messiah
    Free Member

Another Helius AM 8)

jedi

i’m still undecided
    mega
    black market roam
    bottlerocket
    orange blood

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You ridden a blood yet Jedi?

I loved the one I tested but it really is a play bike not AM.

jedi

nope 🙂

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Definetely a Nicolai AM,Not sure the AC(trail/xc frame) would like DH and all mountain.would probably be ok,but its not designed for jumping and drops so i think DH would kill it pretty quickly.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Already got it!

IMG_7800 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

ianpinder
    Free Member

Nicolaisam agree with you, hence the am, but i don’t think you will kill the ac. Have you seen what whafe puts his through. I wonder why be bought the am

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Poddy… is that a pitch?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I like that Pitch…

I’ve got two FS bikes, an ’09 Wolf Ridge and an ’04 Enduro and love them both for entirely different reasons. If I’m brutally honest, I’d say that the Enduro is probably the keeper because it’s more in line with the type of riding I actually do, rather than the riding I aspire to do.

DezB
    Free Member

Poddy… is that a pitch?

😉

My 575 does it for me.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeti – Yep. Sure is. Doesn’t get used much, but when it does, it gets USED, if you know what I mean?! 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’d be awfully tempted with one of those new Cannondale’s, if they turned out to be any good.

DezB
    Free Member

Just made it 🙂

xiphon
    Free Member

+1 for the Alpine 160

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

DezB we all know that Yeti’s are the stuff of your dreams 8)

PP – do you know how much it weighs? Do you think it’d be good for 7 days of rding in the Alps… up and down hills?

DezB
    Free Member

😳

portlyone

Heckler with Lyriks, DHX 5.0 Coil and red tape to hold the cable 😳

IMAG0036 by NazcaMan, on Flickr

Torminalis
    Free Member

Zesty seems to be doing me very well at the moment but I have pretty limited experience of FS bikes so I would say that.

ben
    Free Member

The one I have.. Yeti 575 with 36s. 🙂

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Ianpinder,I know what you are saying but its not a DH light machine,its sold as a xc/trail bike,It will handle some stuff,but its not a AM,DH bike.
    I think Whafe did the right thing getting the AM29er made,I honestly dont think the AC would take regular hard landings.Its a very light frame.

email-sent

ahwiles
    Free Member

i should have bought a pitch.

cheap.
    tough.
    enough travel.
    light enough.

Bregante

mine.

crap photo

I_Ache
    Free Member

I liked my pitch but my enduro feels just a bit more special. Not sure why because its heavier and has a DHX air.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Poll – "The One FS Bike" – What frame would you go for?’ is closed to new replies.