Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Political Accountability
  • SaxonRider

I just came across this article, and frankly can not believe it.

How T.F does someone like that get bloody elected?!?!? Had the right honourable shit ever even been to Wales before getting elected to represent the people of a huge region? Why would people elect some ass-hat that couldn’t be bothered to pop ’round?

Why don’t we have higher expectations of our politicians? What is wrong with us in the UK?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

LOl, haven’t you been paying attention to any of humanity?

Don’t get pissed off, get paid!

taxi25
    Free Member

Neil Hamilton getting elected as an assembly member is between him and his constituents. Perhaps he’s doing a good job and their happy ? I’ve no idea and neither do you I suspect.
    This list seems to show he’s not even close to being our most expensive member.

IHN

We get the government we deserve, as someone once said.

nickjb
    Free Member

It’s probably cheaper and easier to get to Cardiff Bay from Wiltshire than it is from most of Wales

outofbreath
    Free Member

It’s probably cheaper and easier to get to Cardiff Bay from Wiltshire than it is from most of Wales

This.

I reckon I could legitimately claim half that £7500 for my 25 mile commute. If I took a train and taxi I’d go way over it £7500.

None the less, the nice thing about democracy is if the voters think he’s taking the piss he’ll be gone next time. (Given his party he will be anyway.)

frankconway

It’s Neil Hamilton so what do you expect?
    The list posted by taxi25 above is a bit odd – one AM at £11.9k, another at £45k, the remaining 50 in range from £80k to £115k.
    No doubt many also employ family in their offices – and will be allowed to do so until 2026.

tjagain

Hamilton is as corrupt as anything.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m just thankful you don’t get those 2 vile gits on telly anymore. About 10-15 years ago they used to be on all sorts of panel shows as if they were an hilarious novelty or something. Repulsive is all they are.

BillMC

That’s a lot of brown envelopes.

lucky7500

Very much this. The area where Neil Hamilton lives is actually on the border of Wiltshire and Gloucestershire, about an hours drive / 60 miles from Cardiff, or 45 miles from the Welsh border.

molgrips
    Free Member

How T.F does someone like that get bloody elected?!?!?

Because humans and voters aren’t rational. That’s the big flaw in the democratic system.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I keep telling everyone Dictatorships are the way forward!😁

cookeaa

Quote from further down the article:

Nothing that Mr Hamilton has claimed is outside the rules laid down by Remuneration Board.

If you make it within the rules what do you expect?

Hamilton was a useless freeloading shite as a Tory and Shock Horror, once he became a Kipper he continued in the same vein.

Not that you can actually blame him though, it’s not like voters couldn’t have done five minutes googling just to refresh their memories about just who the Hamiltons were/are before they went to the polling station.

frankconway

The Remuneration Board is chaired by Dawn Primarolo – ex MP in Bristol.
    Not Welsh to the best of my knowledge.
    Couldn’t the assembly find a welsh person equally or better qualified to be chair?

PJM1974
    Free Member

It’s Neil Hamilton, I highly recommend a google of his career to date.

Quite how these people manage to slither back into public life is beyond me. At least Jonathan Aitken had the decency to actually redeem himself somewhat after being caught out.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I keep telling everyone Dictatorships are the way forward!

Be careful what you wish for.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Political Accountability’ is closed to new replies.