Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Police Sunglasses – Customer Service as Good as Hope
  • BigJohn

My kids bought me a quite classic pair of Police sunglasses 3 years ago. And I’m one of these people who gets a sentimental attachment to stuff my kids buy me.

A while ago I noticed that the anodising or whatever on the frames was peeling off and they were looking distinctly tatty.

Yesterday, I thought I’d contact Police through their website and tell them. I was perfectly straight up, told them the age, I didn’t have a receipt, not sure where they bought them, told them I’d had the lenses changed.

This afternoon, they emailed me. Sorry to hear it, sorry, that model is discontinued, but never mind, we can’t have you walking around in those so we’ll get a pair sent over from Italy, and what’s more we’ll upgrade them to the polarised lenses as you didn’t like the too-dark originals.

Now that’s what I call excellent customer service. But sometimes I wonder if Customer Service staff (we used to call them “complaints dept.” when I were a lad) get so royally sick of being lied to and shouted at all day that when they get an email or call from somebody who’s ACTUALLY TELLING THE TRUTH they haven’t got a plan in place to deal with that.

aP
    Free Member

Or high-margin reseller has largesse for warranty… 😉

BigJohn

That may be (and indeed is) the case.

However a box of goodies turned up today. As well as a rather smart pair of sunglasses, and in place of a bag of Haribo, they had popped in a fancy bluetooth speaker/handsfree unit.

One happy BigJohn.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Police Sunglasses – Customer Service as Good as Hope’ is closed to new replies.