Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Police on MotoX Bikes At Sherwood Pines
  • chappie916

Was at Sherwood Pines today cycling with my kids. It's good for them there, the chance to cycle no real distractions etc and it means me and the wife can relax a little with them.

Two things struck me.

1. We are on a "family trail" which is one way and ideal for the nippers. Why must some of the riders who really should know better insist on riding the wrong way and far too fast making no allowance for my kids, after all Joe could stop (and does regularly) at any moment to pick up another pine cone … we all have to start somewhere and this is an ideal place to do it and even on a busy day like today there is room for us all.

2. Saw 2 Policeman on MotoX bikes patrolling the area. Well done Mr Plod. Visible presence should help keep theives at bay and crossers off the new trails.

johnduke
    Free Member

glad someone is going the right way round. I was there last week riding the red route and passed several families and couples going the wrong way round, all without helmets. fortunately I was in the middle of a long training ride and not going at any great speed, if I'd been riding in anger there could have been some very small kids with serious injuries, it made me quite angry. I don't think the riders were entirely to blame, there's a strong case for much more visible sign-age.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Apparently we should all accept people going the wrong way, with dogs, or wandering across the trails…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alexpalacefan

+1 for better signs.

APF

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Police on MotoX Bikes At Sherwood Pines’ is closed to new replies.