Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 175 total)
  • police fudging the truth..
  • totalshell

who’d have thought that those three loverly policemen who visited mr mitchell to get to the truth came straight out and spoke with forked tongues to the gathered meedja.

the police federation and the peelers themselves come out of this sorry mess with blood all over thier left hand whilst holding a smoking gun in the other.. these lying hand wringing smirking excuses for coppers should not be allowed anywhere near the honest folk of the country..

kimbers

should not be allowed anywhere near the honest folk of the country

Good job they’re guarding the MPs then, they are about as dishonest as you can get

easygirl

It’s not like it was a real lie
    It was to shaft an M.P, they do it all the time

burgatedicky

Police sort-of-cover-up shocker?!
    In the UK?!
    Whatever next?!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Unfortunately as they are drawn from the cross section of society they will have all the problems we have

We would all like a police force that has no one who tells lies like we would like it from our MP’s, journalists and and the wider society

MSP

Most of wider society doesn’t hold positions that have powers over the rest. The need for honesty in those that enforce and uphold the laws of the land is greater than that needed for the majority, and it is right to hold them to a higher standard.

Saying that they just reflect wider society is a cop out IMO.

PJM1974
    Free Member

How many policemen does it take to break a lightbulb?

None, because it fell down the stairs, your honour.

bails

As I saw someone point out earlier, if they can do this to a (semmingly innocent) senior MP and chief government whip then imagine what they can do to ‘some kid’ on an inner city estate.

dazh

Police sort-of-cover-up shocker?!
    In the UK?!
    Whatever next?!

You think that’s bad. Try this… http://policespiesoutoflives.org.uk/home/

xcgb
    Free Member

Mmmmmm fudge……….

Junkyard
    Free Member

MSP I dont disagree that they need to be held to higher standards and that it is not good to put it mildly.
    To expect them to not act like the rest of means to be frequently disappointed by reality.

crankboy
    Free Member

“Unfortunately as they are drawn from the cross section of society they will have all the problems we have”

I agree with MSP on this but also a bit unfortunate to say that the bad end of that cross section were all on duty in one place at the same time and had access to more of the bad end to fake a story about being a member of the public passing by and were backed up by more of the bad end of that cross section who happened to have conned the wider pool of officers into electing them to lead the police federation.

I am astounded that the fed leaders are not being kicked out of the force they were caught on camera telling flat out and out lies.

The rank and file police need to get them voted out of their roles as soon as possible.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

a bit unfortunate to say that the bad end of that cross section were all on duty in one place at the same tim

Bad end, or politically motivated end? The two are rather different, shirley.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Pjm, get it right.
    How many coppers does it take to change a lightbulb?
    None, they just kick the shit out of the room for being black. 😀

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

How many coppers does it take to change a lightbulb?
    None, they just kick the shit out of the room for being black.

Heheh

kimbers

lets not forget it was his own secretary (and bitter rival) that pushed the complaint higher up the ladder and cameron who hung him out to dry before any investigation

not many people involved come out smelling nicely

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

not many people involved come out smelling nicely

Pretty much no one, actually.

binners

I am enjoying the outrage of the MP’s at the actions of the police. While they were busy colluding with Sun journalists, fabricating scousers witness statements en masse, beating confessions out of anyone with an Oirish accent, kettling students, beating up protestors or shooting Brazilian people in the head, our elected representatives couldn’t have cared less

footflaps

I am enjoying the outrage of the MP’s at the actions of the police. While they were busy colluding with Sun journalists, fabricating scousers witness statements en masse, beating confessions out of anyone with an Oirish accent, kettling students, beating up protestors or shooting Brazilian people in the head, our elected representatives couldn’t have cared less

🙂

You reap what you sow..

jambalaya
    Free Member

A sad indication of affairs when the MP secretly records the meeting and then uses it to disprove the Police statements of the conversation made straight afterwards. Hard to believe the Police were so naive, sadly it’s not hard to believe they were making stuff up.

@kimbers from my recollection Cameron stood by Mitchell for quite some time based upon his representations of innocence, seems quite clear to me now Mitchell never said the word “pleb”

footflaps

seems quite clear to me now Mitchell never said the word “pleb”

He still was a Tory, so the means justified the end as far as I’m concerned.

toys19
    Free Member

Ha this is one level of BS but what about the Mark Duggan enquiry? “The gun dissapeared” said one copper today..

pdw
    Free Member

We get the politicians we deserve – and faced with an attitude like that, I think we get rather better than that 🙁

footflaps

I really don’t get the surprise from the Tories. They treat all public workers with utter contempt, like dog shit on the soles of their shoes. Yet they wonder why they don’t get treated like the demi-gods they believe they are…..

allthepies
    Free Member

+1

pdw
    Free Member

I don’t think the right to not be forced out of your job by politically-motivated lies counts as being treated as a “demi-god”. That’s just a bit of basic respect.

You may think our MPs are hateful bunch, but given the way they are treated, and I include your attitude in that, who the hell would do that job?

aracer
    Free Member

The end being to get a politician to resign for something he didn’t do, the means being lots of police officers lying. ISTM your moral compass isn’t working very well.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

If they told some really, really big lies, maybe that would get Cameron out?

That seems acceptable to some of the Red Kens on here. Bizarre.

zilog6128

Allowing people who think like this to vote is why democracy doesn’t work (IMO, as someone of no particular political allegiance) 🙁

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Good job Mitchell isn’t a newspaper seller, then he’d be really ****.

CountZero

These were Met officers, were they not? I was led to believe that anyone failing to pass the standards for entry to the police at county level were welcomed with open arms by the Met*. A force that happily hits a passer-by to the ground, contributing to his death, then lying about it are congenitally pre-disposed to lying about deliberately fitting up someone for political reasons.
    *by someone who’s a copper in London.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The end being to get a politician to resign for something he didn’t do

Did he resign for calling the police “plebs” or did he resign for swearing at police officers and not showing them “respect”, something which he admitted doing after initially lying and claiming that he hadn’t ?

I’m not sure that calling police officers plebs is necessarily a ‘resignable’ offence, I think a very senior government politician swearing at police officers definitely is.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I remember an old saying.
    I’ve met the MET, and I’ve the bruises to prove it.

aracer
    Free Member

The original lot were, CZ, but the ones who did the interview and lied about that (which is what’s been investigated by the IPCC more recently and just hit the news) were from West Mids, West Mercia (Worcestershire+) and Warwickshire.

aracer
    Free Member

Are you sure about that, ernie?

In his first statement to reporters about the incident, on Monday morning, Mr Mitchell said that the incident had come at the end of a “long and extremely frustrating day”.

He added: “I didn’t show them the amount of respect I should have done.”

He said the police officer involved had accepted his apology.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19707950

According to the transcript it also appears he did swear, but didn’t swear at the police officers – there being a significant difference. Or are you still working on the basis of what the police officers alleged he said?

allthepies
    Free Member

Swearing at, as in “You f’ing …..” or using a swear word when talking to them, “I thought you lot were supposed to f’ing help” ?

Personally I see a big difference between the two and don’t rate the latter as cause for resignation.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Swearing at, as in “You f’ing …..” or using a swear word when talking to them, “I thought you lot were supposed to f’ing help” ?

Just swearing at police officers.

I got seriously wound up by a copper recently but despite that I had the commonsense not to swear at him. I expect a senior government politician to maintain that same basic level of behaviour.

Specially one from a party which puts so much emphasis on showing respect towards authority, and who so warmly applauds senior politicians when they declare to party faithful that swearing at police officers should result in arrest.

Boris Johnson: people swearing at police should expect to be arrested

The mayor – one of the party’s most popular figures – was given a standing ovation at either end of his keynote speech as he highlighted his record in office and laid out his plans to avoid further riots.

In a swipe at the justice department, Johnson spoke out against guidance instructing police not to arrest people hurling abuse at them.

To applause, he told Tory delegates that officers needed backing in dealing with insults in order to set boundaries and ensure people to not go on to commit more serious offenses.[/b]

If a 15 year old kid should be arrested for swearing at a copper then it is reasonable that the government Chief Whip should resign from his job for doing so. Specially the Chief Whip of a party which will not tolerate swearing at the police.

Tough, but fair, imo.

crankboy
    Free Member

Except that there is no crime of swearing at a police officer . The nearest is section 5 of the public order act which depends upon someone being there who was likely to be caused harassment alarm or distress .

allthepies
    Free Member

Perhaps the Downing St rozzers are a sensitive bunch ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Didn’t see this as it’s on the previous page

aracer – Member

Are you sure about that, ernie?

Yes aracer I’m pretty sure that he initially denied swearing and then later admitted that he had sworn. In other words he very publicly lied before admitting the truth.

But let’s get one thing absolutely straight, if there was a clear and calculated conspiracy by police officers to destroy the career of an elected politician, through misinformation and lies, then that is immeasurably more serious than using foul language at a copper. IMO.

I just think it’s wrong to claim that Mitchell had done nothing wrong, he had. And as Chief Whip of the Tory Party he was also guilty of hypocrisy and double standards.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 175 total)

The topic ‘police fudging the truth..’ is closed to new replies.