Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Police convoy on the m42
  • bigyim
    Free Member

I was driving home on Monday at about 3 o clock m42 south and coming the other way was a huge police convoy. Must have been 12 bikes at the front, lots of vans, two big pick ups with bars for ramming stuff out the way bolted to the front, 2 land rovers with satellite dishes on the back, and other cars and vehicles. All bombing up the fast lane with the lights flashing.

Never seen anything like it. Any idea what they would be moving or chasing? I thought some military stuff but surely the army would be in the convoy somewhere.

timc
    Free Member

chasing Phil Mitchell

Houns

See previous thread about boys at Hereford

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    saleem
    Free Member

It was my Argos delivery from Solihull.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Taking Brooks and Coulson to court

Houns

Theres a piston heads thread about this too

saleem
    Free Member

Brooks lives in chipping norton so it’ll not be that one.
    What about the Ukrainian bloke who knives the old boy in Brum then bombed 3 mosques, I think he got 30 years in prison on Monday.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What about Dave Lee Travis – where does he live ?

RichPenny
    Free Member

28″ on-one prototype.

Northwind

OJ

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

TJ

wysiwyg
    Free Member

BJ

Jamie
    Free Member

siwhite
    Free Member

Most likely to be a weapons convoy between Aldermaston and Faslane – quite regular runs. I’ll leave you to google in order to fill in the gaps…

You will have seen (but maybe not noticed) a big recovery wagon travelling a mile or two back, in case one of the ‘important’ vehicles breaks down. Not exactly the sort of cargo you can leave sitting on the hard shoulder…

dmorts

+1 for nuclear warhead if going north….

zippykona

If it’s a bomb I think I’d prefer it to crawl up the hard shoulder.

allthepies
    Free Member

Local polis hitting Burger King before it closes ?

cranberry
    Free Member

If it’s a bomb I think I’d prefer it to crawl up the hard shoulder.

They are quite unexplode-y in their natural state.

bigyim
    Free Member

Would the army not be involved in a weapons run? Didn’t notice the black van at the back.

allthepies
    Free Member

All a decoy, the real nooks are in the back of a 1990’s white transit.

Jamie
    Free Member

Wouldn’t be tanking it if a nuke. Don’t they have to stick to 55mph or something?

mrchrispy

Apparently it was the SAS on a strava run!

andyl
    Free Member

😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    Wouldn’t be tanking it if a nuke. Don’t they have to stick to 55mph or something?

Far more likely to be moved in a pretty plain, unobtrusive, unmarked white truck.

project
    Free Member

was a huge police convoy. Must have been 12 bikes at the front, lots of vans, two big pick ups with bars for ramming stuff out the way bolted to the front, 2 land rovers with satellite dishes on the back, and other cars and vehicles. All bombing up the fast lane with the lights flashing.

The fireworks,food and drink along with Videos, with live streaming, heading for the Singletrack Moderators bonfire/Halloween night partys.

legend
    Free Member

siwhite – Member
    Most likely to be a weapons convoy between Aldermaston and Coulport – quite regular runs. I’ll leave you to google in order to fill in the gaps…

Fixed for pedantry.

Edit: as far as I was aware, they usually do the runs at night

bikebouy
    Free Member

Aren’t they looking for an escaped convict south of B’ham..?

franksinatra

If the convict is dangerous enough to justify that kind of response then why the hell was he in an open prison?

freeagent
    Free Member

Sounds like it could be a transit between AWE Aldermaston and RNAD Coulport.
    Warheads are rotated through a constant servicing and re-firm program at Aldermaston, so there a fairly regular convoys backward/forward.

franksinatra

Then would they not be in one of these?

scotroutes

Nah – it’s a big black truck, with convoy.

They do lots of “drills” though so you can never tell if it’s for real or not.

Muke
    Free Member

The one I see regularly coming to and from Aldermaston is a Big Green lorry which is very, very clean, so much so it stands out like a sore thumb, normally followed by a white tranny van and a 4×4 with lots of roof aerials not far behind.

Edit : same as this but just a single lorry.

bikebouy
    Free Member

niiiiice…

I see the GCHQ rattling your door knocker as I type 😆

Houns

I only found out recently that they used an old RAF base next to my great Aunt and Uncles farm as a stop over point

3dvgirl
    Free Member

Some one was found with a certain KTM bike in their shed.

cbike
    Free Member

I’ve been in the nuclear convoy. It takes about 20 minutes to pass them all and the police make sure they have a clean run on hills and encourage folk to pass.

They do not go fast and the only flashing lights are on the bikes and cars blocking junctions.

All wagons are green. They have tow trucks, an ambulance and a fire tender following at the rear.

They were travelling during the day.

dmorts

Done a bit of Googling, don’t now think it was nuclear. Lack of big trucks being the clue. There’s info here on nuclear convoys – Defence Nuclear Material Transport Operations

Could have been a drill? I’ve seen similar on the M40

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Police convoy on the m42’ is closed to new replies.