• This topic has 15 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by isoo.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Pole Taival
  • Scienceofficer
    Free Member

This hardtail has just appeared on my radar and is the front runner for my new frame.

Any owners here with anything to say about it?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Enduro mag did a review of it. best value i think. lolz!

longmover
    Free Member

I would have bought one if I hadn’t signed up to the whole saga of buying a Sick.

Captain_Sponge

Hi Science – am in the same boat as you.

Does anyone have one in the UK?

Sponge

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I pulled the trigger and will have mine in May when the new batch comes in.

Ran the numbers in a geo website to compare it with my current V2 Last Fastforward and from my perspective its where it needs to be on all the things I want to alter about the Last.

I also contacted the author of that Enduro mag hardtail review they did. He said it’s the bike he personally would have chosen for himself.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Nice, will be interested to see it!

goby

@Scienceofficer, what geometery website was this?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

https://www.bikegeocalc.com

Unlike some, it needs you to put the data in yourself so you need to put a bit of time in, but I like it because it allows you to overlay the actual shapes over each other, which is super handy for understanding your contact points.

felixm
    Free Member

I have one and it is bloody lovely!

In XL. It’s huge!

150mm travel. It’s super fast on descents, climbs like an animal.

Tight bends take a bit of getting used to. I move my body a lot more now but that is a probably a good thing.

Any questions feel free to ask. Did I mention that I love it?!

felixm
    Free Member

jiminyu2002
    Free Member

I’m Interested in the Taival. How playful is the bike? Even tho it’s big, is it really difficult to manual, wheelie, etc? Also, us it good on jumps?

oreetmon
    Free Member

Also interested in this frame,

Felixm.
    1.Any idea of the frame weight?
    2.would you consider the taival a good all rounder or a winch and plummet or a blah blah etc

felixm
    Free Member

I don’t really manual or wheelie so I can’t answer that question. It seems good on jumps though.

oreetmon, not sure about the frame weight, I didn’t weigh it when I got it. But my XL frame did feel remarkably light considering it’s size. It’s a good all rounder.

I like it because of its long reach and long wheel base. I’m 6’4″ with long arms so this frame feels great because I don’t need a layback post or 11cm stem like I did on my Cotic Solaris Max.

It is faster than the Cotic, more stable downhill and climbs like a dream.
    I’ve tried it with both narrow 29ers and 3 inch 27.5s. It’s really fast, agile and playful with the 29ers. With the plus tyres it is less so.

blakec
    Free Member

Stealth ad I will have mine up for sale shortly.

It a black xl

I like it but it’s to similar to my geomotron and I fancy something difrent.

Its harder to manual than a bike with short chainstays but not impossible. I have used it on push and plummet days at Rogate but also 50 mile rides along the Downs.

Pm if interested

isoo
    Free Member

Hi, I’m brewing up an one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwuojcebj0egtd0/_8060642.JPG?dl=0

Edit: Dropbox public link not cutting it I see…

View post on imgur.com

XL in Zink Orange, Fox 34 Rhythm 130 mm, wheels are Pro4 to Newmen Evolution SLA 30’s, OneUp 210 mm dropper.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Pole Taival’ is closed to new replies.