Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Pole Machine?
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Aside from chat about the manufacturing process and the carbon Vs Alu debate what are folks thoughts on the Pole Machine bike? Seems to be plenty of love for the Geometron models but the Pole seems to be generating less chat!

I think it looks like a really interesting bike, probably a good enduro bike or one that’ll happily tackle big terrain but should be decent enough to pedal with the super steep seat angle!

tomhoward

probably a good enduro bike

Where are they in the ews ranking? That’s the only way to know

mrhoppy

There’s no love as they can’t get the things into production. They have struggled to meet delivery on evolinks as they have been moving production to Finland and the machine is having issues going to full scale output.  Add on to that that they are eye wateringly expensive with limited demo opportunity and it’s not hard to see why it’s quiet.

But Leigh Johnson is tearing up trees aboard his at the moment, as a race bike they seem will sorted.

mattherby
    Free Member

Leigh Johnson is doing well at local enduros onboard his Pole Machine (welsh gravity and uk gravity enduros). He had a 15 place finish at the last EWS round too which I believe he was unsupported and beat some big names.

bedmaker

I have had an Evolink 140 for a bout a year now.

It’s a fantastic bike, I think the machine would just be overkill for most riding I do.  160/140 travel works nicely.

The geometry is great up and down.

What swung it for me vs the Geometron was the 3″ tyre compatibility and space for a bottle.  It’s a little cheaper than the Geo too. The machine is not though!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

@tomhoward – not sure if serious comment or taking the mick re: another poster….

Understand that there have been delays in production and all that but just thought that there would be more ‘buzz’ or discussion about the bike as it’s a the extreme end of the long low and slack movement.

More and more I am thinking it looks like a good option but I might be in the minority!

tomhoward

What does your heart tell you?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

@tomhoward It tells me you’re on the wind up!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i just think it’s a bit silly. crazy money and overkill . like it doesnt enter the discussion for most of my friends as a possible bike, like the Robot one too. its so unobtainable.

I rode a long pole all day last year (titter) and thought it was great, but there are a lot of great bikes.   The machine is almost ‘arrogant’ if you get what i mean? All a bit serious.    I think pole irritated a fair few people with the whole carbon debate thing, a ‘holler than thou’ vibe.  I like them, i like the company but yeah thats my thought

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Anyone taken the plunge on a Machine yet?

ganic
    Free Member

They look great, I seriously considered one, but the brand new manufacturing process coupled with the direct sales model from Finland made me abit worried about being an early adopter.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Know what you mean ganic – however warranty should take care of any issues which arise wouldn’t they? The delay in manufacturing is probably a frustration for them now!

Rik
    Free Member

i just think it’s a bit silly. crazy money and overkill . like it doesnt enter the discussion for most of my friends as a possible bike, like the Robot one too. its so unobtainable.

I’m not saying they are cheap, but crazy money and unobtainable? They are €3000 frame and shock, that’s less expensive than a carbon Santa Cruz CC frame and it not like they are rare!

ganic
    Free Member

I think they are reasonably priced for what they are.  I’m sure Pole would warranty stuff but I’d rather not test it.  It’s such a new process it’s abit of a leap into the unknown.  Plus they aren’t a huge company, if they had a few Warranty claims it might affect thier ability\willingness to process a claim, plus you’d be shipping it to Finland.

I really like the bikes, the geo and builds, but I’d wait until they are in generation 2 of the machine.

Wookster

There’s been delays with the Evo links as they’ve moved factories but it’s on track now. The machines are being produced now the XL’s are being made.

I know of one Evo link in the Lakes, and one in wales but that’s about it.

I think a bit of the brand “Holier than thou” mY have been a bit of cultural lost in translation.

Switchbacks use both the Machine and Evo Links in Spain I believe so you may find some info from people who’ve ridden them there?

As for direct sales I used a CC and Pay Pal for cover when I ordered my Evo Link Frame. The machine is lovely but the Evo was cheaper and well I really liked the look of it!

Theres a good Owners group on FB that Leo the designer often drops in on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Pole Machine?’ is closed to new replies.