Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • polar hrm straps – washing machine question
  • dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

My polar hr strap accidentally went through a 40degree wash last weekend. Despite a new battery, i can’t get it working again. Anything else i could/should try or do i just accept that water resistant doesn’t mean it can survive a soaking in the washing machine?

njee20
    Free Member

Is it a Wear Link one?

Take it apart carefully and leave to dry out?

If it’s a rubber one I imagine it’s ripe for the bin.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

I think the replacement ones are about £25…. I fear your one will be knackered…
    The good news is that the new T31 belts still work with the old watches.

cynic-al
    Free Member

can’t remember what temp I did mine at…I wooduhve follwed teh instructions though.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

It should have dried out by now – not a rubber one. I guess the strap itself should be ok as it’s washable but not the unit. Gggrr. That’ll learn me to empty a bag of muddy mtb clothes straight into the machine without checking what else is in amongst the clothes 🙁 Typically its the newest of all three of my hr straps, and my favourite one too 🙄

druidh
    Free Member

Even Doctor Who only has two hearts!

Jamie
    Free Member

I have a Garmin HRM strap, and knackering it in the washing machine is on my list of things to get out the way with my new roadie kit.

…having hit the deck as I forgot I was clipped in last week.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Druidh, what can I say, I like gadgets 🙂

I blame going mtbing for the second time on months, wouldn’t have happened on the roadie!

ourmaninthenorth

and my favourite one too

I didn’t realise it was possible to have a favourite HRM strap.

Learn something new every day….

(Battery out and on a radiator/in the airing cupboard for a week)

aracer
    Free Member

It should have dried out by now

Depends what you’ve done with it – leave it with the battery compartment open in a plastic bag with some of that silica drying stuff.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘polar hrm straps – washing machine question’ is closed to new replies.