Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Pointless bike storage of the month award.
  • pictonroad

A landowner who owns most of the rental flats in town is on a mission to convert every tiny space into rental accommodation. None of them have any parking or anywhere to store bins, pushchairs etc. It’s turning the whole area into a rubbish tip and it’s getting worse weekly.

In an uncharacteristic act of generosity he has splashed out literally pounds on this fabulous bike storage solution.

Can you beat this for mean spiritedness and lack of thought. I’d be impressed.

Ewan
    Free Member

Are you not intended to put the rear wheel in the lower one and the front wheel in the top one? Top one may be too high up for a kids bike. At least the rain thing would do something then.

johndoh
    Free Member

Would have been better with wheel hooks to hang the bikes from so they would be covered by the shelter. Perhaps a lack of knowledge by the fitter rather than mean spiritedness. (And if they had done that ot would have taken up less footprint giving more storage space for other things too)

pictonroad

It’s too high for vertical storage, you’d have to single handed hold the bike off the ground then somehow loop a lock through the front wheel to stop it falling backwards.

It’s shit.

retro83
    Free Member

Ewan – Member
    Are you not intended to put the rear wheel in the lower one and the front wheel in the top one? Top one may be too high up for a kids bike. At least the rain thing would do something then.

Looks like it but I doubt kids would be strong enough to lift those BSOs up and lock them in safely.

I lived in a new build rabbit hutch flat and the ‘secure bike lockup’ was a brick building which was partially open on the back to allow light in.

A brilliant design meaning that the thieves could climb in easily, completely obscured from the view of the flats, allowing them to work leisurely on breaking the locks in complete comfort, and simply undo the ‘secure door’ from the inside and ride away. As they did with my bike 😡

andybrad

better than nowt!

jag61

OTOH he has provided changing/shower and WC for you, come on hes clearly trying 😕

johndoh
    Free Member

It’s too high for vertical storage, you’d have to single handed hold the bike off the ground then somehow loop a lock through the front wheel to stop it falling backwards.

As I said – they should have used wheel hooks. It might be shit but I suspect it is shit through lack of knowledge rather than spitefulness.

Houns

I’d be more bothered about those forks being the wrong way around

zbonty

That is bonkers. I’m referring to the loose bars and backward forks of course.

Is that one of those ‘sky hooks’ the apprentice types are always looking for?

pictonroad

I’d be more bothered about those forks being the wrong way around

Didn’t spot that. I might go fix it secretly on my lunch break.

edlong
    Free Member

It’s shit but it’s something. I lived a few years ago in a fairly swanky “gated community” development where there was a shop, bar, gym, pool, 24 hour security and literally no secure bike parking / storage facilities whatsoever. My bike was chained to the railings outside. Until it was nicked, obviously.

TheBrick
    Free Member

gbetter than nowt

It’s not though. It’s useless to users and cost money so the landlord thinks that they have done something / ticked a box.

kimbers

craigyboy sums up Foxs ludicrous posturing nicely

The EU Sails Serenely Past the Wreck of the United Kingdom

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Pointless bike storage of the month award.’ is closed to new replies.