• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by zx970.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Podcast – What’s up with marketing in the bike industry?
  • Mark

Mark, Hannah and Charlie talk about Hannah’s recent holiday incapacitation and how that lead to the discussion that the bike industry could maybe do a …

By mark

Get the full story on our front page at:

Podcast – What’s up with marketing in the bike industry?

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

kayak23

Cheers. 🙂👍
    Listened to the last one this morning whilst making oak cable management tunnels, but that’s not important right now.

Mark

It just got important. WTF is an oak cable management tunnel? The class would like to know now.

robertajobb

I assume its a tunnel. Made from oak. For managing cables.

The real question is HOW it manages the cables. Dictatorially, or my develiping and nurturing a team ethos focused on delivery of plugs and sockets in an orderly fashion for the grater good.

kayak23

WTF is an oak cable management tunnel?

Nothing that exciting sorry.
    Just a method to route all of the wires and plug sockets and that down the centre, underside of a conference table I’m making, which is under the tarp.

Is a full size player of some sort meant to open when you listen to the podcast or is it meant to stay discrete in that small banner?

rOcKeTdOg

I get bored of beautiful and clearly skilled people in the air on their bike above a beautiful vista, show me a rider on that same terrain who looks as terrified and relieved to have survived the descent as I would be and I’d be more inclined to trust the capabilities of the bike/kit that they are on/using/wearing

100% with you on the simplicity of the snowboard ads verses the overcomplicated jargonese the bike industry spouts

doomanic

How do I listen ad free without it constantly restarting just as Charlie says hello?

Mark

It’s just an mp3 file say in our media library that only full members can access. I’m not sure why it restarts unless there’s a connection issue. I will add the file to the downloads area tomorrow for full members.

Mark

I’ve now added it to the members downloads area under issue 147. It’s a 43mb .mp3 file.

kayak23

👍🙂 Cheers. Will have a listen later!

stwhannah

@kayak23 on the basis of that pic, please can you come and organise my garage?

kayak23

🤣

mark88

Ironically I think the STW calendar was previously a prime example of great content serving as marketing. 2022 was unfortunately just adverts.

zx970
    Free Member

Something that’s been puzzling me for some time now – what is a “plug socket”? Mains, USB, audio, video, low-voltage power?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.