Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Podcast adverts – way loud?
  • kiwimike
    Free Member

Does anyone else find the podcast adverts way too loud? They are definitely played at higher volume or more compressed. Please STW, get a grip on this.

And if we’re paying subscribers, can we get a podcast feed without adverts? It was *rather perfect* that listening to the ep bagging BC for their Shell sponsorship, STW served me up an advert from <checks notes> SAUDI ARAMCO.

chevychase

All adverts are way loud. Have been since time immemorial.

The law is that they’re not allowed to be louder – but they get around that because the law specifies an average over time – so they modulate very quickly between very high and very low amplitudes – and you just hear the loud.

kiwimike
    Free Member

Well if that’s the case, can the STW crew just record their podcast equally loud, then listeners can set the volume to a level that gives consistent listening?

Cougar

⏩ ?

Mark

The ads are added by the network. We just leave a little gap in the recording so we don’t have control over the volume. That said I’m working on adding podcast episodes directly to our members downloads area in your account page. There’s one uploaded there from a few weeks ago as a test. I think it’s under ‘Issue 145’ https://singletrackworld.com/account/downloads/

irc

I listen to most of my podcasts on Pocket Casts. It has the useful feature of a button that skips forward 30 seconds.

kiwimike
    Free Member

Thanks Mark – can those ad-free pods be accessed via a URL in a podcast app?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.