Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Pod coffee machine
  • sc-xc

We have just bought a T5 camper, and don’t have space for a gaggia like at home…

We don’t want to go back to instant coffee, so are looking at pod machines for the van – ideally one that would make hot chocolate as well as coffee.

Any recommendations?

stumpy01

We’ve got a Dulce Gusto as a wedding present. It does loads of coffees as well as teas and a great hot choc.
    It’s quite small, but the nespresso ones are smaller still.

This is the one we’ve got:
    https://www.dolce-gusto.co.uk/EN/machines/piccolo-genio/Pages/automatic.aspx

you just stick the pod in, twiddle the dial so the lights show to the same amount as shown on the pod and press the button.

Pods cost about 3.80 for a box and you get 16 pods for that; so 16 Americano’s, but only 8 Latte’s for example (as you have a coffee pod and a milk pod).

You can get pods from most supermarkets and online too.

sc-xc

cheers stumpy – looks good…

the_lecht_rocks

Nespresso, superb.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Can you get different brands of coffee pods with these, or are you stuck to one brand?

scaredypants

we have a nespresso at work – not bad but a suspiciously dense crema that puts me off a bit as it seems like they must shove a load of something in there to generate it

40mpg

I’ve got 2 tassimo’s – one at home and one at work. Does much the same as the Nespresso and pods are similar price, but Tassimo (and Costa if you’ve got one of their cards) regularly do special offers to get the machine for £30 with £20 of coffee vouchers included. Couldn’t really say no to that!

righog
    Free Member

One of these £20 ish

terrahawk
    Free Member

we’ve got a stovetop which is great, but for a quick fix at 5am before heading out on the bike nothing really beats the Nespresso machine.

lucien

We have one of these in the camper we have

And one of these as a backup, particularly as ground coffee is significantly cheaper abroad….

The big one, of course…..

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Another +1 for Nespresso, but they’re not cheap to run. That’s the only reason we switched to a bean to cup, but the latest ones are very portable. Another plus is that you can get models that don’t have milk run through them so there’s barely any maintenance at all. If you want a cappuccino, get their Aeroccino (sp?) machine that does a great job and again, is pretty compact and easy to live with.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Aeropress and porlex mini?

Frankers
    Free Member

I had a Tassimo but hated the black coffee it dished out, gave it away and bought a Delonghi bean to cup machine

prawny

Love my tassimo, plenty of different types of coffee to try. Got loads left to go. I wanted a nespresso but the fact they only really do espresso put me off, even the tassimo lattes are pretty decent, no single origin flat white but a decent for so little effort.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Pod coffee machine’ is closed to new replies.