Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • pocket or purse? ranting/observation
  • alpin
    Free Member

it really pisses me off, maybe i’m over reacting, i don’t know.

you expect it with little old men at the till; their minds are prehaps preoccupied or they’ve simply forgotten why they are there until prompted by the checkout-girl. the same probably goes for women as they have their hand-bag, then have to rummage for their purse, then find the right compartment within and then they get to look for the odd coins in the corner of the compartment instead of just handing over what is to hand and dealing with the aftermarth of change later. this all takes time and we can forgive as they are women, prehaps trying their hardest not to inconvinence anyone.

but blokes. why take so long paying the damn cashier? surely it is a case of hand in back pocket, pull out wallet, pull out notes and then if needs be hand into side pocket and pull out a coin or two.

no? no, not here. it would seem even self-respecting blokes keep a collection of coins in a purse – they may tell you it is a wallet but any wallet with a coin section in use is, quite cleary, a purse – and do exactly the same as the women: act surprised when told the total of the goods they have only 15 seconds before hand un-loaded onto the conveyor belt. then they piss about with trying to find the odd 7cents. forget it. give them the 10c and be done with it.

surely you just keep a few big coins in your pocket and a wodge of notes in the wallet along with your cards. or this this just my idea of male personal money management?

where do you keep your change?

do you have a man-bag? if yes then do not reply.

does anyone else leave 1 & 2p’s coins on the side? people look at me funny when i do it.

druidh
    Free Member

You in a hurry?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

not sure of the answer, I am almost never without a back pack, as I hate carrying things in my hands, and have to have something to read, camera etc

I’m a man (of sorts) and it’s a bag…

surfer
    Free Member

7cents. forget it. give them the 10c and be done with it.

1 & 2p’s coins on the side?

Does your shopping trip span time zones?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I agree. Why are people surprised to be asked for payment at the check out? I do the same with the shrapnal. 1s, 2s and 5s go on the side and don’t get used. Useful coins in the pocket with the wallet with the notes in on top. I’ve got a good idea of how much I’m spending and how I’m going to pay and where it is. The wife does this when we go shopping, just madness.

Then again, cashiers are no better when they give you change. Do you know anyone who keeps nots and coins in one big lump? No, neither do I. So why put the note in my hand and then pile coins on top of it! Muppets. Even nots on top would work as I can hold the coins in my hand whhile sorting the notes.

alpin
    Free Member

i’m in germany. you’re probably in england. hence the c VS p

stratobiker
    Free Member

aplin, you need to relax. You’ll be an old **** yourself one day. What’s the rush?

GW
    Free Member

I pretty much always know what I’m buying is going to cost and hand over however many notes it’s going to take. I used to throw away anything smaller than a 5p.. just toss it on the street hopeing someone more in need of it picks it up. now I give all my small change to my daughter.. I don’t carry a wallet, they ruin the cut of your jeans. the only time I tend to count out the exact money is in the pub after the first round when you know how much it’ll be and you have the time it takes to pour all the drinks to count it out, this is purely for vanity (see the jeans comment)

My Ex was/is one of those women your rant is about, I’d often just step in and hand the cashier a big note it drove her mad! if you’re feeling generous, s’pose you could just do the same to the irritating stranger holding up the queue infront.

uplink
    Free Member

I usually pass the time of day with cashier before looking for the cash

no rush here 🙂

jonb
    Free Member

You don’t seem to be in a hurry, having time to worry about such trivial issues…

chela
    Free Member

Aw, c’mon, we all need somewhere to keep our umbrella, hairspray, tissues and lip balm. All actual contents of my man bag! I know that sounds ridiculous/camp/whatever, but those kinda things are useful and you may as well have them with you if it makes the day easier/better. Peeps need to get over themselves and realise the joy of a bag. Liberate your pockets of phones, iPods, pens, wallets! They make your jeans look stooopid.

Anyway, keep change in my pockets; notes in a wallet. If I don’t know how much something’ll be I tend to pay with a note. Or in busy places like bars. Bus tickets and stuff I get everyday, I use up shrapnel on cuz I know the price and can count it out beforehand. Or I give it to tramps if I’ve not used it up.

alpin
    Free Member

don’t get started on frigging brollies….

chela
    Free Member

Best invention ever I do believe 8)

nickc

1,2,5p go into a large whiskey jar in my bedroom, this gets divvied up between the kids each summer for holiday money. Normally there’s about £40 in it by the time it rolls around to empty it.

Have noticed the amount of stuff I’m carrying is getting bigger;

Wallet, ipod, keys, phone, coins….I need a bag 🙂

GW
    Free Member

why are brollies only sold to short folk?

uplink
    Free Member

Just a wallet for me & keys if I’m driving
    Never bother with a phone etc.

househusband

where do you keep your change?

All 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p and 20p’s go in a jar when I get home – keeps me in whisky for pretty much the year. Any other shrapnel I keep in a kangaroo scrotum purse – a trinket from Australia.

flyingmonkeycorps

Notes in wallet and a few quid in change in the other pocket, usually. 10ps and under usually go in the change jar.

But then again I’m rarely in a hurry either

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘pocket or purse? ranting/observation’ is closed to new replies.