Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • POC trabec or Bell Super? Sorry!
  • christof
    Free Member

Need a new helmet and cant make my mind up!
    POC Trabec £83.99 Minus 10% offer
    Bell Super £79.99
    Show me what they look like on (we all look like a extra out of super mario, but how much?) and what you think of them. First hand experience please!
    Cheers chris

z1ppy
    widge34
    Free Member

I have the Bell. Was impressed with it until the retention system broke on the weekend.Rang fatbirds. They said send it back to them they would then send it to Bell, who would look at it and see whether it is valid for a warranty replacement. Couldnt be assed with all that, so i fixed it myself.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iain1775
    Free Member

Catlike leaf

seadog101

£84 for a Trabec? Where per chance?

old_mtber
    Free Member

Whichever fits the best.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Trabec here – the best helmet I’ve owned.

Only downside, the pads don’t like the washing machine – ive had them in 3 times & fit for the bin now 🙁

mikey74
    Free Member

FFS why do people apologise when they ask a question. This is a forum, it’s what it’s here for.

christof
    Free Member

Sorry

Northwind

Not very impressed with the Trabec I just bought, it’s going back… It’s like they just forgot most of the padding. Haven’t used a Bell Super, but I’ve never met a Bell helmet that didn’t feel like it was made of cardboard. I’ll be going back to a Fox Striker.

jamj1974

My Trabec is ace – so comfortable.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Got my trabec from cycle surgery for £70

jambalaya
    Free Member

I paid £125 (ouch in comaprison with some here) and I’m very happy with my Trabec – you did ask for a photo so he you go ..

nwgiles

Trabec here, so comfy but its personal choice

grum
    Free Member

Giro Feature? 🙂

It’s a lot cheaper and looks pretty similar.

andyl
    Free Member

Tried a POC but hated it unfortunately.

I kind of fit in Giros but they look silly and when I’ve tried Bell they seem to fit me best so wanting to try a Super.

mangatank
    Free Member

Not very impressed with the Trabec I just bought, it’s going back…

Glentress is full of POCs…and everyone wearing them looks like they’ve got an upturned medical support on their head….or something. Gopping object.

Really, try the TLD A1 if you can. It’s incredibly well made (lacquered foam), improbably comfortable, no hotter than a trabec and if you avoid the sparkly gold version (!!), actually very handsome.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Bell here. Just felt right when I tried it on. Most comfy helmet I’ve ever owned. Would have preferred it in red, but couldn’t find any in the UK.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Tried a Trabec on the other day and was impressed that it fitted (most helmets don’t). However it looked absolutely ridiculous; I looked like a walking lollipop. Granted it was the super-dooper XL-XXL size.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The one that fits. As the posts above say one doesn’t fit all.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

POC Trabec here. Comfiest I’ve had from a list that includes Giro Hex, Giro Xen and Fox Flux. Not sure how durable it will be though, only had it a few months and already the shiny finish looks pretty tatty.

Be sure to buy a black one, otherwise you will look like Toad from Super Mario Kart.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

they are just a so called ‘enduro’ fashion accessory really, standard xc helmets are fine, breath better and look a million times better!

you cant beat a specialized sworks prevail for looks, comfiness, lightweight and ventilation

i dont really even get how people think these pocs etc look good either, they look pretty stupid like a helmet designed for something different than MTB IMO

ive never seen a person wear one and actually look good in one, yet stick a XC type helmet on anybody with a normal sized head and they look cool* (*well some, not all 😉 )

grum
    Free Member

You nearly had a point there until you recommended another ridiculously expensive helmet.

kevin1911

I got two POCs from cyclesurgery, one in blue, one in black.

Both looked silly on me. I mean no helmet is really going to look fantastic on my massive head, but these really did look weird. Also didn’t like the matt effect – I like my new things to be shiny! So they’ve both gone back. Ordered a 661 Recon Wired from CRC yesterday for £40 – it’s not turned up yet, so can’t say if it will be any better.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

grum – Member
    You nearly had a point there until you recommended another ridiculously expensive helmet.

😆

i know, i know, but its only as expensive as the pocs and looks good! thats the differnce

julianwilson
    Free Member

Do Bell have a crash replacement discount thingy in the UK?
    Only reason I ask is that a recent thread on Poc on ere revealed that they don’t (in the UK that is) -for that sort of money there is no way I would buy any helmet unless I thought I could get a new one discounted if I broke it. (*coughs*Giro!*)

christof
    Free Member
    julianwilson
    Free Member

^^ Bell it is then! 😀

organic355
    Free Member

Heres my POC Trabec (from cycle surgery) on.

I like it, felt quite big at 1st but you get used to it.

….and yes it is a very pink room (shower room at work).

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

i dont really even get how people think these pocs etc look good either, they look pretty stupid like a helmet designed for something different than MTB IMO

I didn’t buy mine for the looks, but the level of protection it offers – they sit lower at the back.

Plus they can handle multiple impacts, unlike most that should be binned after 1 crash.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

what helmet for steps? 😉

they do look mahoooosive! it would look suitably shocking on my small bonce, they almost look like they get bigger more balloon like at the back, almost like a cartoon alien type head

i must admit though all helmets generally look pap, but the sworks ones look the best imo, if they are good enough safety wise for xc racers at the speeds they go on techy courses then they are good enough for me

christof
    Free Member

Arrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!
    Just made my mind up on the bell super and tweek cycles have put it up to £90! Only another £10 but 👿

portydave
    Free Member

I really like my trabec, as much as you can like a lid anyway. However something I’ve found out now it’s dark is I have to do it up pretty tight when I’ve got a light mounted to stop it rattling around.

My old feature was much deeper all round and therefore much more stable without cranking it up.

Of course, I may just have an odd shaped head……

mk1fan
    Free Member

CRC have Urge, 661 and Giro ‘Enduro’ helmets on sale atm. £40 for the 661.

Having totalled my MET helmet on Saturday by headbutting a bolder I’m thinking of the 661. Although a POC for £83.99 would tempt me. Where are they that deal? I need an XL

mk1fan
    Free Member

Found it. Cycle surgery for those that aren’t as web savy as me.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘POC trabec or Bell Super? Sorry!’ is closed to new replies.