Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • POC Trabec helmet- not impressed
  • TimP
    Free Member

If there is one thing STW can agree on and that is that quality kids are important when testing helmets 😉

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Love mine, it’s by far the best fitting and most comfortable helmet I’ve owned.
    I’ve buy one again without question.

joelowden

[Love mine, it’s by far the best fitting and most comfortable helmet I’ve owned.
    I’ve buy one again without question/]
    +1 .

mtbtom
    Free Member

Yeah, I like mine too. I know there are cheaper helmets out there that probably do as good a job of protecting me but it fits my headsize perfectly. I wasn’t aware how uncomfortable my old Met helmet was until this one.

As for the price, it’s only £30 over what I’d normally pay. It should last three years, in that time I’ll get through £120 of chains, £200 of tyres, £300 of fork / shock servicing. Biking is expensive.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ive got a Catlike Leaf. £50 and just as well made as a £100 Giro etc.

Best fitting helmet ive had

gamo
    Free Member

The trabec fits me really well and as above having stacked in one it works well too.

hora
    Free Member

^ ‘it saved me’ – well blow me sideways, thats what helmets do otherwise they’d be shiny hats 😉

All helmets sold in the UK have to meet/exceed standards.

traildog
    Free Member

I really like mine – it fits my head well. All helmets are shaped differently and the best protection is the one that fits your head. My previous Giro was sized the same but would blow up if I was traveling fast enough! The POC doesn’t move on my head at all because it’s a great fit. To the post above about it moving because of lack of padding I would argue that it’s more because it’s not the right shape for your head.

I really don’t see the issue regarding build quality. Seems similar or above other top priced helmets. Wrap around shell, good straps, spare pads and a bag. Expensive and a bit of a fashion item but you can get them cheaper if you hunt or it’s an out of date colour.

It’s a helmet, what were you expecting? A cheap 30quid helmet will protect you just as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘POC Trabec helmet- not impressed’ is closed to new replies.