PMC MB2i speakers and possible meridian pre amp/musical fidelity power amp

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale PMC MB2i speakers and possible meridian pre amp/musical fidelity power amp

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PMC MB2i speakers and possible meridian pre amp/musical fidelity power amp
  • Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber

I’m unsure as to the actual worth of the following but at an uneducated estimate it would be above £10k and would need to be agreed upon by the seller in question so i’m merely posting on here as there is just a smidgeon of a chance that someone on stw would be appreciative and interested in buying if they have the space to allow such a system to breath as it should be allowed to, needless to say the complete system sounds absolutely gobsmacking/astounding and i’m not going to pontificate any further.

Currently owned by a friend of mine that worked for the BBC as a sound engineer for R1 through the 1970’s, R2 in the 1980’s and then as principle sound engineer for R3 till he retired in late 90’s, not unused obviously but definitely used with due care and consideration considering his outstanding pedigree in sound engineering.

If you’ve read this far then you are obviously aware of PMC and their impeccable pedigree so i’ll include a link to the MB2I below,

PMC MB2i here

There is a possibility of obtaining Meridian (Boothroyd/Stuart) Pre Amp 201 and Musical Fidelity P270 Power Amp as well with a Sony SCD XB7700 which would make for an absolutely perfectly matched system that will outclass everything short of a £50k+ budget.

This system was put together by someone that had/has the best ears in the business, he built and designed John Peels home studio and also built and designed the sound for numerous orchestral venues around London and as such it is absolutely peerless in musical reproduction.

Contact me for info if you are genuinely interested, I’m unsure as to exact cost but i guess it will not be less than £10K.

turneround

man, cant see anyone on here going for these, class speakers although the rest is rather dated. Go to ‘Hifiwigwam’, lots of folk on there would pay that sort of money for the speakers and much better chance of selling

turneround

mmm, those speakers would work rather well with my wadia / mark levison set up

umop3pisdn

Can I plug my ipod into them?

Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber

Cheers for the advice turnaround, i’ll tell my mate to head there.

And yeah……..the Amp does have a 3.5mm jack attached to plug an iPod into 😀 , they’re also connected up to an airplay network.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PMC MB2i speakers and possible meridian pre amp/musical fidelity power amp’ is closed to new replies.