Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • PMBA Enduros live today
  • Tracey

Went live at 9.00am. First one filling up fast. Whose in

jaylittle
    Free Member

Just doing gisburn again, think that round sold out in 4 minutes!

gallowayboy

Well.. started the process for my lad at 9 prompt and missed gisburn – sold out at 2 minutes past, almost as fast as Glastonbury. Not Ruben’s favourite so he’s not that bothered. He’ll be at greythwaite and Llangollen at least though, waiting on the others, depends on our time/A levels/other race priorities.
    I’m off out on MY bike now!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    twistedpencil

In for Gisburn.  Will be mincing around at the back again, wondering how these kids stay on their bikes at such reckless speeds  no respect for their elders!

Hopefully will get the lad to have a go at the kids race on Saturday, fingers crossed the bmx season doesn’t clash…

orena45

I’m in for Graythwaite. One of my favourite races of the year so well worth the 7 hour trip up from the south west!

richardkennerley

Interested in the Lee Quarry one. I like doing the Ardrock Sport because it’s supposed to be non-competitive. What’s the PMBA series like? I don’t wanna go and mince about p!ssing people off, but I would like to take part in the event and do the marked stages etc’.

Or will it be sold out by the time I’ve decided anyway!!?

Tracey

First three for Abigale and a couple of Tweedloves. Working round the final year at Uni is difficult

tomhoward

In again at gisburn, fingers crossed I’ll be actually able to start&finish it this year (entered 4 previously, only finished 1…)

russyh
    Free Member

Was going to do Gisburn, but to be honest it’s a long drive for us and given the amount of money I have dumped on entry fees in recent weeks decided a £50 entry was a good enough reason for me to not bother.

vondally
    Free Member

Cannot see the women’s only event? Have I missed it, these entries solve Xmas presents for me… panicking!

tomhoward

Don’t think the ladies one has gone live yet, nor has the final round iirc

Edit, yeah, not live until 18/4/20

wishiwascalledsteve

Missed out on Gisburn, but not too upset by it.
    Doing lee/havok, graythwaite and Llangollen.

Also doing macavalanche next year and maybe the boltby bash… Never done and ‘enduro’ race before.

chakaping
    Free Member

Glad to hear they are popular, greast grassroots series. Weird that Gisburn is the instant sell-out one though.

tomhoward

It’s because it’s the most ‘grass roots’ of the series, mostly done on trail centre trails & none of the gnarlier stuff you might get, for example, at an EWS qualifier, or at least not compulsory stuff.

Tracey

Over a 1000 entries in six hours is good going. I think its because it appeals to all ages, abilities and the variations in the locations. The organisation is always first class which helps.

Jordan

I’m in for Gisburn.

halifaxpete

In for Gisburn as I enjoyed it this year, Great days riding.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

In for gisburn, shame they don’t do the night and day anymore
    Would have done lee quarry havock but with mates all doing ardmoors.

Is the graythwaite really techy and steep
    I Did kirroughtree last year and struggled on stage5 nothing like that where I ride

readikus

I’ve entered for Gisburn. Will be my first enduro!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Graythwaite as part of a road trip for us 🙂

kevduckworth

Interested in the Lee Quarry one. I like doing the Ardrock Sport because it’s supposed to be non-competitive. What’s the PMBA series like? I don’t wanna go and mince about p!ssing people off, but I would like to take part in the event and do the marked stages etc’.

Or will it be sold out by the time I’ve decided anyway!!?

Rich you’ll be fine at PMBA’s, yes there are serious racers but most are racing against their mates or just trying to finish better than the previous event.

andybrad

Im in for gisburn, did my first one there last year and it was a right giggle. Hoping to actually ride some of it this time instead of carrying my bike while being laughed at by spectators 🙂

kevduckworth

In for gisburn, shame they don’t do the night and day anymore
    Would have done lee quarry havock but with mates all doing ardmoors.

Is the graythwaite really techy and steep
    I Did kirroughtree last year and struggled on stage5 nothing like that where I ride

I need a rest in winter / plan all the summer events. There used to be 2 of us and a smaller series, now I’m on my own (with an immense team of awesome volunteers) and the series planning and execution takes all the time I have.

Yes Graythwaite level is more like “Snap Chat” stage 5 at Kirroughtree all the way round. Plenty of official and unofficial video’s out there, have a look at see – good Vlog here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpSq9m335vU

richardkennerley

Well I’m not entering Lee Quarry and Havok.

Been to Lee today (it’s a bit nippy up there) and I couldn’t ride one of the descents I’ve seen. Think it makes part of the last stage, drops from the main area of the quarry down to the top of the jump section.

It’s a fairly step rocky chute. I reckon I’ve ridden stuff as steep at Ardrock, but I just couldn’t bring myself to get down it today.

If I’ve already identifed a party of it I can’t ride, I reckon it’s safer not to enter!! I’m never going to trouble the leaderboard, just enjoy a good day out, but I don’t want to be a hindrance!!

Tracey

Just in case anyone seen had this

Press Release : PMBA Enduro Series entries
    When entries went on sale last Saturday we expected Gisburn to sell out in seconds, and it did.

We also expected strong sales for all the 2020, but the response has been unbelievable, in 5 days we have sold 1300 over 5 events. We cannot sellout the series before April for tax/accountancy reasons and that is looking to be the case on the current rate of sales.

We have therefore taken the decision to “Pause” entries for Rounds 4 & 5 completely; these will open again 18th April 2020 when Round 6 and the fabulous Hopetech Women’s enduro are scheduled to open.

Round 1 sold out in 2 mins, so that’s already full with no entries available.
    Round 2, the EWS Qualifier at Graythwaite May 2/3rd will remain fully open, it currently is way past half full with 366 entries.
    Round 3, Lee Quarry and Havok bike park June 20/21st will be limited to 375 entries until 18th April 2020, but there will be another 100 on 18th April 2020 as well.

If any international riders or EWS hopefuls want into the BNES / EWS Qualifier round at Llangollen on 8/9th August, and need a confirmed entry please email me pmbaenduroseries@gmail.com with why you should be allowed into the event while entries are paused. I understand that you need to be able to plan your season. Nathalie at EWS will also be aware

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘PMBA Enduros live today’ is closed to new replies.