Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • PMBA Enduro Series – Gisburn
  • fr0sty125
    Free Member

Bit more training and practice for us then! There are some decent photos on roots and rain.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

15th out of 66 in vets for me.
    Stage 1 = 32nd
    Stage 2 = 9th
    Stage 3 = 6th
    Stage 4 = 12th
    Just like the grizedale event the first stage put a spanner in the works. Fitness wasn’t an issue (the amount of miles I do on and off road puts paid to that) it’s just seems to me I take a bit to get going 😐 Also burping my rear tyre halfway through that first stage didn’t help matters, my back end was squirreling all over the place I’d lost that much air 👿

kevduckworth

Thanks for the comments, its the 3rd time of running an enduro at Gisburn and I’ve also been trying to mix up the stages a little but I think stage 1 was tougher than I expected to race.

Few of you thinking about the final, so will give you a little more info. We have 1 and 2 day, 3 or 5 stage options – so something for everybody I hope.

The PMBA enduro series is a grass roots gravity series based in NW England and SW Scotland. This first year has been amazing, with over 300 riders attending most rounds. The 1-day races in the forests of Gisburn, Grizedale and Kirroughtree have been great fun, as well as highly acclaimed, and now its time for the Grand Finale!

This 2 day race based at Lee Quarry and Cock Hill is being held over the weekend of 4/5th October. Free parking and camping is available for competitors and spectators. Saturday will see the majority of riders practice the 5 timed downhill stages over the 20mile course, before Sunday’s race.

The racing starts with a timed stage in Lee Quarry before heading off over the moors, passing near Facit, on the way to Cock Hill woods, nestled above Portsmouth. Stage 2 is hidden somewhere on this journey! Stages 3 and 4 are then raced in quick succession at the popular downhill trail centre. The final leg takes riders back to Lee Quarry and up to the 5th and final stage.

There are lots of prizes up for grabs,with prizes from Hope and KS for the podium places in each of 6 categories, while those on the top step each receive a £1000 Empire MX-6 Evo frame! Its not just the winners that can win big; one lucky racer will win a weeks holiday with Ride Slovenia for themselves and a friend!

You can enter here – https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?event_id=1341

For those not competing for the series overall, a 1-day, 3 stage option is also offered. With practice Sunday morning and racing Sunday afternoon the compact race format is the same as the previous 4 rounds. You will do stages 1,2 & 5 of the main event on a 10 mile lap, leaving out the 2 stages at Cockhill. Categories will depend on the take-up but we can promise as much fun as you have become accustomed too at the previous rounds in the series. This event will not give you points towards the series overall, but will qualify you for inclusion in the raffle for the weeks holiday with Ride Slovenia, as long as you have done 3 of the first 4 rounds.

We are also offering a Saturday only event if you just want to ride the 5 stages but without being timed. Please be aware you cannot ride stages 2,3&4, or some of the transitions, other than at this event, as we are using private land – this is your one chance to ride these unique stages. Our thanks goes out to Cowm Leisure, AG Aggregates, the Lord of the Manor of Bacup, Bacup Council, Lancashire County Council and Dirt Trax Limited for the kind use of the land, without which the event would not have been possible.

As always PMBA’s resident photographer Nick Moor will be out and about to take your photograph, many of which will be uploaded to our Facebook page for you to tag and share free of charge!

Please can we also take the opportunity to to thank our sponsors:
    Ride-On for sponsoring the final round
    Empire cycles – who will be giving 6 MX-6 Evo frames to the 6 category winners
    Hope Technology
    Singletrack
    KS Dropper Seatposts
    Ride Slovenia

Kev
    PMBA Events

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘PMBA Enduro Series – Gisburn’ is closed to new replies.