Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • PMBA Enduro at Lee Quarry this weekend
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Hi guys,

Really looking forward to this one my first 2 day enduro of the year and a good warn up before the UKGE Enduro Champs in mid July.

Will be on the hardtail and coming up from way down south (Portsmouth).

Bring the family and camping.

Anyone attending, camping, racing etc…

edward2000
    Free Member

I’m playing. Expecting an email soon about the event. Not heard a sausage yet

Tracey

Abigale is racing in the ladies. Will be travelling on both days as our camper van has now been delayed for three months. What looked like a certain delivery for March when ordered in October last year is now looking uncertain for the next round and our Alps trip.

She will be on her Enduro so cheer her on please

342 entries so far, still some places left

postierich
    Free Member

Camping at Lee Quarry Good Luck!

Harry_the_Spider

Take something to knock your tent pegs in.

postierich
    Free Member

Lol and Harry!! does scottfitz relies how grim it is up there his family aint going to be happy!

keng38
    Free Member

Gonna be 6 degrees Saturday night with light rain.
    Bring a jumper

scottfitz
    Free Member

I have been told that camping is in a local park and not in the quarry.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

im in. no official word yet but from various rumors and facebook posts ive deciphered its a 22 mile loop with 6 stages (although theres a problem with one of the stages as theres no access for medical vehicle so may be dropped) S1 is in Lee itself, 2 is the one in doubt over the moors, 3 is the hand built local track from last year nr Whitworth, 4 & 5 are the two reds at Cock Hill and then back to Lee for S6.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i would look into camping somewhere nicer too, get up to a Hebden campsite and drive in…

keng38
    Free Member

Scottfiz you better bring a shotgun then. ?

scottfitz
    Free Member

keng38 – Member

Scottfiz you better bring a shotgun then. ?

jaffejoffer – Member

i would look into camping somewhere nicer too, get up to a Hebden campsite and drive in…

Why?

keng38
    Free Member

It was tongue in cheek comment.
    Seriously though If there’s alot of you camping on Bacup park and it’s properly organised it will be ok. Just lock everything up. Seriously everything.
    If you are the only ones there then maybe look locally. I live here and is rather camp up at the quarry than in the park.

MadBillMcMad

Loved it last year – A great loop taking in Cock Hill as well.
    The connecting trail is fab.

If you drive around Saturday to Cock Hill instead of biking or the family want to drive over Sunday you can park up here. It’s easier than driving all the way around.

Weather doesn’t look too bad but Lee Quarry is VERY exposed so take some warm gear & brews.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

I’m in. Just hope I manage to stop on and my bike doesn’t drop to bits like the last round in grizedale 🙁

scottfitz
    Free Member

keng38 – Member

It was tongue in cheek comment.
    Seriously though If there’s alot of you camping on Bacup park and it’s properly organised it will be ok. Just lock everything up. Seriously everything.
    If you are the only ones there then maybe look locally. I live here and is rather camp up at the quarry than in the park.
    Cheers that’s good advise.

keng38
    Free Member

Don’t forget to marvel at the burnt out wind turbine on the way to Cockhill.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i didnt wanna say too much and send negative vibes to someone driving all that way but Keng has so… its grim, its industrial, you will probably return to your tent to find a family of smackheads have moved in, if not you’ll likely be terrorised by the scallies drinking in the park at night… These are tongue in cheek too, but just google stubbylee park, all manner of muggings and attacks, anti-social behavior and a murder. Thats not to mention what will happen when they realise how much expensive bike equipment is knocking about!

i dunno, probably fine, safety in numbers n’all that. just wouldnt myself… not when there are some beautiful places to wake up 15/20 mins away…

binners

Given the usual people ‘camped’ there… sound advice

I think I’ll have a ride over Sunday to shout abuse at you all 😀

scottfitz
    Free Member

At this rate I will not be going! Anyone actually do last years race and camped?

binners

jaffejoffer has pretty much nailed it. Would I camp in Bacup? Not a bloody chance! All the 6 fingered cross-eyed hunchbacks will smell the outsiders, and descend – Hills Have Eyes stylee. They can do this as everyone else there has the same genes, and surname, so you’ll stand out like a sore thumb. Unless you look like this…..

But once your out of the god-forsaken shithole initial area, there are some absolutely lovely places to wake up within 15 – 20 minutes, in any direction really

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

dont be put off Scott, its a still great event and place to race. there will be a good atmosphere, you’ll meet some good people and ride ace tracks – just dont camp in Bacup!

superfli
    Free Member

Scott, I was going to say you can borrow my heater if you want… But I’ve just read the rest of the comments 🙂

lol! Borrow my camping heater if you want it mate. Dont want the family getting colds 🙂

Tracey

Race details now out, stage two cancelled. Looks good, like the idea of driving between stages on Saturday to watch the practices. With what you are all saying I’m almost glad the camper hasn’t arrived

sofaboy73
    Free Member

good news that you can drive the long transition to cockhill on practice day! having not done much riding recently 2 days of 22 miles would of killed me!

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

not sure how it would work, wanna do the cancelled stage anyway, so maybe do S1, S2, S3, then its a fair ride back to lee for S6. get in the car and drive over to cock hill?
    or do 1 & 6, 2 & 3 then ride back and drive? at least you can drive away home when you finish S5.
    might be worth doing s4 & s5 first actually…

sofaboy73
    Free Member

apparently the cancelled stage 2 is now just part of the transition to stage 3. think the easiest way to do it would be stage 1 & 6 at lee quarry ride over to stage 3 via 2 and then back to lee quarry, then drive to cockhill for stage 4 & 5

stcolin
    Free Member

That’s a bit of a pain, but aw well. I’m racing, lets hope there isn’t too much wind and rain.

keng38
    Free Member

Was up there today.
    Very dry and the only wind was at the very top heading towards Cragg Quarry.

JohnnyPanic

So can anyone point out some nicer (proper) camp sites 15 – 20 minutes drive away? Cheers.

keng38
    Free Member

I’m trying to find out exactly where and how organised the camping at the park is.
    Speaking locally absolutely no one is aware of this event that doesn’t ride so by the time the scrote element notice it will be over.
    My only concern, being serious for a minute, would be someone getting their bike nicked during the night but I’m sure it’s the same at any other event. I have made the local business association aware and they are looking to assist with things in future and are speaking to a few shops to see if they will open on Sunday although it’s late notice.

rwills2
    Free Member

A friend of mine is selling an entry for £25 if anyone’s interested?

binners

Johnny – I’d definitely go for Hebden Bridge. Its a lovely place and the only threat you’ll face is the scornful looks of the bull dykes…

A quick google throws up here

darrenspink
    Free Member

Looks like the weather doesn’t like enduro 🙁
    Hopefully it will clear for race day. Bye bye dusty trails.

binners

Its really dry up there at the moment though. The moors were on fire over Rivi yesterday. You’ll be reet

albino
    Free Member

Try here for camping if you’re still looking… http://homepages.3-c.coop/facelift/hebdenbridgecamping/

scottfitz
    Free Member

That campsite in hebden looks rubbish, I’m sticking to race camping! See you lot tomorrow, Hardtail FTW!!!

Tracey

Early start for us. Will be there first thing

nosedive
    Free Member

Im racing. And race camping. See you there

Tracey

Wet n cold up here

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘PMBA Enduro at Lee Quarry this weekend’ is closed to new replies.