Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • PMBA/BNES/Southern, EWS qualifiers… explain it all please ?
  • Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Nothing in the diary that weekend, drop me a message nearer the time & we can sort the details out 👍

weeksy

Top man, will do mate.

mark88

FYI the most recent email from Southern Enduro is great and tackles some of the issues raised in the thread.

It would be great to see more of this from race organisers. Actual information, not marketing.

2022 Breakdown:

Southern Enduro Mashup – Twist Oak, Suffolk
    13th March 2022
    6 Stage Mashup Enduro
    Ideal event for beginner and intermediate,
    with short fun stages with rollable features.

Southern Enduro Rd1 – Milland, West Sussex
    5 stage Enduro Race
    10th April 2022
    Moring Practice, Afternoon Race.
    This race is aimed at intermediate riders. Fun flowy trails packed full of features.

Southern Enduro Rd2 – Queen Elizabeth Country Park, Hampshire
    4 stage Enduro Race
    15th May 2022
    This race is aimed at intermediate riders. Fun flowy trails with plenty of roots.

Southern Enduro Mashup – Pippingford Park, East Sussex
    4 Stage Mashup Enduro
    05th June 2022
    Ideal event for beginner and intermediate, Pipping has a good mix of trails and features
    Free Camping Saturday night.
    Saturday Evening Dual Slalom race.

Southern Enduro Rd3 – Tiverton, Devon
    4 stage Enduro Race
    19th June 2022
    This race is aimed at intermediate riders. Natural loamy trails.
    On Sale date: Sat 2nd April 2022 @ 09:00

Southern Enduro Mashup – Queen Elizabeth Country Park, Hampshire
    4 Stage Mashup Enduro
    17th July 2022
    Ideal event for beginner and intermediate, Fun flowy trails with plenty of roots.
    On Sale date: Sat 2nd April 2022 @ 09:00

YT Industries Southern Enduro Champs – Minehead, Somerset
    6 Stage Enduro Race
    5th – 7th Aug 2022
    Route stats: 8km & 600m elevation gain
    This race is aimed at intermediate riders
    Private land, rooty and loamy trails.
    Free Camping Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
    Track walk Friday, Open Practice Saturday on all stages, Saturday seeding stage and Race Sunday.
    Full marked out route with Course map.
    Free YT Rolling Circus Demo’s Friday (afternoon), Saturday & Sunday, For more information on anything YT, head to https://uk.yt-industries.com/
    Posh loos and large event arena.

7 Stage Enduro Race
    5th – 7th Aug 2022
    Route stats: 18km & 950m elevation gain.
    This race is aimed at intermediate and Advanced riders
    Private and Forestry Commission land. Steep, rooty and loamy trails.
    Free Camping Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
    Track walk Friday, Open Practice Saturday on all stages, Saturday seeding stage and Race Sunday.
    Full marked out route with Course map.
    Free YT Rolling Circus Demo’s Friday (afternoon), Saturday & Sunday, For more information on anything YT, head to https://uk.yt-industries.com/
    Posh loos and large event arena.

Southern Enduro Rd4 – Triscombe, Somerset
    4 stage Enduro Race
    11th September 2022
    This race is aimed at intermediate riders. Technical & Rooty trails
    On Sale date: Sat 2nd July 2022 @ 09:00

Southern Enduro Rd5 – Milland, West Sussex
    5 stage Enduro Race
    25th September 2022
    This race is aimed at intermediate riders. Fun flowy trails packed full of features.
    On Sale date: Sat 2nd July 2022 @ 09:00

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    weeksy

Southern Enduro Mashup – Twist Oak, Suffolk
    13th March 2022
    6 Stage Mashup Enduro
    Ideal event for beginner and intermediate,
    with short fun stages with rollable features.

I think we were planning on skipping this one, but i think we may actually end up going, just because it’s somewhere different and will be a good day out i reckon. So i think we’ll jump on this after payday.

weeksy

Was watching the PMBA at Llangollen from last year, I’m a little confused as to why the PMBA is regarded higher than Southern Enduro as it honestly looked easier.

We also looked into the DH nationals and they’re £95 a pop for the lad! Ouch!

So up to now we’re doing 6 Southern and some other DH randoms. I’m still not sure what else we’ll do, we may not end up doing any other full series and just pick some races as and when like a Pearce DH or Haibike Enduro etc.

mark88

Was watching the PMBA at Llangollen from last year, I’m a little confused as to why the PMBA is regarded higher than Southern Enduro as it honestly looked easier.

Give it a go then. I’ve not been to Llangollen so can’t comment, but remember gopro footage rarely tells a true story with regards to gradient and how rough a trail is. The Southern rounds I’ve done have all been very much at the tame end of things.

We also looked into the DH nationals and they’re £95 a pop for the lad! Ouch!

At least DH also provides two days of uplift. It’s the £80 for PMBA enduro I find harder to stomach.

Pearce races are on sale soon, they were £75 last time they ran and very highly regarded events.

weeksy

It’s been an interesting few weeks of discussions on the racing side of things.

The boy has kinda surprised me this week as the Southern Enduro at QECP has a clash with something that’s come up which is the Duke of Edinburgh. He’s stated “well i’m not likely to make it as a racer, so i may as well skip that round and do the DoE. I’ve not pushed him into either the Southern or the DoE as i want to give him the chances to make his own mind up on things.

We’re still fairly busy in Feb, March, Apr and May with racing, but after that it quietens up a little. So we’re unlikely to decide at this stage which events we do until we see how his enjoyment levels are in the coming weeks and months.

I absolutely get what you’re saying about footage, we’ve been caught out a few times by that.

So i mostly see that we’ll concentrate more on “what events will we enjoy the most” rather than anything like where it will get him in the future.

joefm

Apart from Minehead none of the Southerns are difficult. PMBA is generally on another level.
    Don’t have to make it as a racer to enjoy racing so your last sentence sums it up.
    There is nothing like racing to improve at racing so if he has a natural aptitude for it then he’ll continue to improve and enjoy it.

weeksy

Apart from Minehead none of the Southerns are difficult.

Easy for you to say 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ve never raced enduro at Llangollen, but I did race the national DH series back when it was there back in the day. It was steep, kinda not the most ‘enduroey’ of venues if you ask me – feels like it would be 3/4 DH races which you have to get yourself to the top to do, which was a bit like Caersws Mini Enduro.

As for how hard it was, the stuff out in the open was always the tamer trails, but I would say they are a significant step up in difficulty to all of the Southerns (apart from maybe the full Minehead, which hasn’t been used for a while but only then there is one tougher stage with some techy bits on).

Still waiting for someone to be stupid enough to make one of the PMBA stages in Death Woods there 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘PMBA/BNES/Southern, EWS qualifiers… explain it all please ?’ is closed to new replies.