Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Plymoetric box track world
  • mrsheen
    Free Member

Has anyone any recommendations for a particular brand of plymoetric box please? There’s lots on Amazon but it’s either silly money or the reviews aren’t great or are thin on the ground.

Thanks

scaredypants

sorry, nothing to offer by way of help but aren’t these just thngs to jump off ? How can one be good or bad (unless it collapses, I suppose)

scaredypants

now I feel guilty – Decathlon does one for 50 quid

mrsheen
    Free Member

Seems there’s differences in stability, if they slide on wooden floors, some with cushioning in etc. It’s a fascinating sub culture 😊

joshvegas
    Free Member

Make one?

Added danger will focus technique.

panzerjager
    Free Member

I made my own, it’s 18mm birch ply simply glued & screwed together with 3 differing dimensions, depending which way you turn it.
    It doesn’t have the fancy writing on though, but cost considerably less than the £50 Decathlon one.

maccruiskeen

I made my own, it’s 18mm birch ply simply glued & screwed together with 3 differing dimensions, depending which way you turn it.
    It doesn’t have the fancy writing on though, but cost considerably less than the £50 Decathlon one.

Really? 18mm Birch ply is typically between £50 and £80 a sheet so you wouldn’t much change from £50

paton
    Free Member

paton
    Free Member

paton
    Free Member

Origin Plyo softbox set are good.

or Origin plyo multisided soft box is OK

footflaps

I made one out of 15 or 18mm Ply – about £35 a full sheet at B&Q IIRC.

I rounded the edges off with a router and a half round bit to make it a bit more shin friendly.

paton
    Free Member

Or
    at about 9:50 in

dyna-ti

Really? 18mm Birch ply is typically between £50 and £80 a sheet so you wouldn’t much change from £50

£40 an 8’x4’x18mm from B&Q. Enough for two boxes.

sas78

Meh. Back in the early 00’s we used to challenge each other to jump onto the architectural plan chest in our office. Wearing shoes and shirt/trousers. It took some bottle and our boss near crippled himself (mid 50’s hadn’t done it for 20+ years etc…) When he failed in his brogues, smashed his shins and broke his glasses.

Good times. Plyometrics or surveyors dicking around? I know which I prefer.

I’d be paying £50 for a padded one and wearing shinguards and a gumshield now! Lol

footflaps

£40 an 8’x4’x18mm from B&Q.

That won’t be Birch ply for £40. Don’t think B&Q even do Birch Ply.

dyna-ti

No idea for sure, though not that it matters really. The strengths of it lie in it being ply and that alone.
    It will have gaps and voids and not even be flat or even be exactly 18mm, but again none of that is in the equation. It will glue well and hold screws well. And for 40 quid its a lot better than 80 quid for something like marine ply.

Spud

Went for a padded Wolverson one start of lockdown last year, purely as I didn’t want mullered shins etc from edges of ply. Takes some of the impact with the padding, it’s not slip. Watching my son do the tallest one in skinny jeans makes me wince.

rhys
    Free Member

Picnic bench for the garden? Dual use

sirromj

What dimensions did you make your boxes?

Did you make them anywhere near the size of what Gee is jumping onto in that video up there?

tinytim

Made my own with 18mm ply: 50 : 62 : 80 (I’m tall) Good fun! Much cheaper than decathlon one but essentially same pattern

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Plymoetric box track world’ is closed to new replies.