Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plumbing help please
  • swisstony
    Free Member

The shower we’ve got is one with the dial/controls tiled into the wall. The controls have always been very tight so i took the facing unit off to reveal the gubbins. When i was trying to free it up a bit (sprayed with wd40 and turning it off and on!) the unit came off in my hand and water sprayed all over me. When i turned the water off at the mains, re inserted it and put it back together there is a slight leak. Basically i think the seal between the inner and outer gubbins needs replacing.

The problem is there’s no make in the shower and it’s not a “normal” o ring type seal so i don’t know how i’d go about getting a replacement ( i could always take the old one to a plumbers and see what they think) and the unit and seal need to rotate so i can’t just put some sealant in there.

What i need is some sort of grease type sealant that will seal but allow movement

or advice on any other way to do it?

MrNutt
    Free Member

new shower time by the sounds of it mate?

swisstony
    Free Member

i hope not i’ve just had the bathroom tiled!

GrahamA
    Free Member

You could give PTFE Tape a try.

geoffj

Mira and Triton do service kits which include the correct size o rings.
    Like this.
    HTH

swisstony
    Free Member

graham, ta but ptfe won’t allow for movement,

geoff, that would be good but as i said there’s no make at all on the shower and the seal isn’t an or ring, it has a ridge on it.

i think i’ll take it into the plumbers to see if they recognise it.

ta

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Plumbing help please’ is closed to new replies.