Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Plugging Ragley Cable Guide Holes….
  • sam42
    Free Member

Ok so having built my blue pig up i was left with a few redundant cable guide holes……
    Living in "sunny" manchester and it being a steel frame i was anxious to prevent any moisture ingress (rain getting in) so i plugged 'em with a bit of craftily applied grease.
    Any other Ragley owners had any better ideas?…
    I was thinking grub screws maybe. Brant if you are reading this, what thread are the holes?

firestarter
    Free Member

Mine came with enough spare screws to fill all the holes so I thread locked the spares in the frame

sam42
    Free Member

ah… i'm a couple short, also the ones i got with the bike are ano black, and the ones hotlines mailed me out are polished? (bikeshop lost the original kit) this detracts from the overall blackness of my bike!

firestarter
    Free Member

Ah airfix paint 😉

brant
    Free Member

Holes are M5 thread. Same as a bottle boss. I keep meaning to include more blanking bolts, but keep forgetting. Batches get built and shipped, and… wahey…

Meant to be doing an "instruction sheet" for next years frames too. We'll see.

An M5 x 10 alloy button head would work well.

brant
    Free Member

ps: don't worry about the water thing – I almost think it might be better to let your frame "breathe" a bit 🙂

sam42
    Free Member

Cheers brant,
    I managed ok without an instruction sheet 😀
    afraid i kinda deviated on the decal instructions though…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Plugging Ragley Cable Guide Holes….’ is closed to new replies.