Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Please tell me the mowing season is over!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Yes it’s my fault I left it 4 weeks since I last mowed it! Like a pissing jungle!

Liftman

Mowing season is officially over :mrgreen:

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No, as the patchy grass gets back to some kind of normality with the change in weather, I thing the mowing season will be extended is year sadly.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Oh ffs! I hate the bastid job!!

Edric64
    Free Member

No !they are still sillaging in Somerset !

flip
    Free Member

6 weeks left for my business, then it’s trees all the way 😉 to mid Feb.

mtbfix

Early October tends to be my cut off. As mentioned above, the return to damp weather has kicked our lawn off growing again.

Ambrose

Bah Humbug the lot of you. It’s warm, light. What’s not to like? Get a decent mower or a teenaged son to do it for you 😉

user-removed
    Free Member

I cut ours yesterday for the first time in a month. My petrol Flymo gets through anything eventually but it took a while. It’s raking up the cuttings afterwards that kills me 👿

scaredypants

I haven’t mowed our lawn since mid-july. There’s still knackered patches although some bits are up and running now

Hoping for 2 more mows – one to finish the grass for the year and one more to pick up leaves in a month or so

Bunnyhop

no. there is always a last growth spurt start-mid october. natures way of giving some extra fresh grass to animals out in the fields, before the onset of cold weather.

meehaja
    Free Member

Ive not had to mow mine all year. Chickens have kept it short. which is ashame as I love mowing the lawn! firing up that petrol mower is like running a vintage car! just the right ammount of choke, mixing fuel with oil, starting it just right…..

camo16
    Free Member

Ooh, you and your lawns… how the other half live, eh? 👿

Mind you, at least I don’t have to mow my backyard.* 😀

* the yard at the back of our house, not… you know.

soobalias
    Free Member

did it last night.
    seeing the weather forecast is for near on 20 degrees during the day for the next week, i doubt it done yet.

think a gardener mate of mine reckons if the temp is above about 12 its growing.

maccruiskeen

Getting the smell of autumn and new mown grass and two stroke oil (and the sea) all in one bend in the road on a ride at the weekend. More of that please.

(says man who’s house in on the middle of a square kilometre of lawn that someone else has to mow) 🙂

Lazgoat
    Free Member

I actually enjoy mowing the lawn and wish it would grow more as its a bit patchy since the dry summer.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

did mine yesterday once it sort of dried. i think anothe month should see it done this year. nice and green at the moment and even the seed i put down has mostly appeared.

JulianA
    Free Member

Time to fire up the mower right now. Probably need doing again this year (I hope!)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Please tell me the mowing season is over!’ is closed to new replies.