Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Please suggest me some gloves.
  • havinalaff
    Free Member

Hi looking for some suggestions for some nice lightweight xc style gloves with a fairly slim fit but good palm padding as going to be used for a week in italy. I’d say typically most gloves feel right length wise in long but fit best width wise in medium.

Oh yeah year doesn’t matter, and on offer a bonus, if white black or red even more of a bonus.

Thanks Folks

Rich

discoduck
    Free Member

Erm,

Troy Lee Design XC Gloves !

Thats it really, just choose your colour and enjoy the quality, comfort and feel of them !

You can also wear them for riding

takisawa2

Endura Full Monty.

wonderchump
    Free Member

POC Index Air Trail – they’re very comfy

vondally
    Free Member

specialized bg ridge

richmtb

I’ve got a pair of Specialized BG comps that are eight years old.

Aside from a bit of wear on the right thumb they are in pretty good condition

On that basis I would happily recommend them to anyone

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Unless winter, gloves = Troy Lee XC.

eyerideit
    Free Member

POC Index Air Trail

On sale at cyclesurgery at the moment at a bargain £24.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Troy lee xc £13 at cycle store if you can do white.!

Ringo
    Free Member

I bought some poc ones of eBay last year cheap there the best gloves I’ve ever worn and still going strong

bigblackshed

I always buy BMX gloves. Bicycle Union ATM. Lasted 3 years.

crikey
    Free Member

661 Raji.

brakes
    Free Member

always been a big fan of Troy Lee XC gloves but my latest pair have just started to fall apart – lots of the stitching around the thumb ends and between the fingers. I’ve stitched them back together but still. disappointing.
    I do like the look of those POC ones, but I’d hardly describe £24 as a bargain!

stevied
    Free Member

Just got a pair of POC flow gloves from cycle surgery. Not used in anger yet but seem very well made and fairly simple.

robbieh
    Free Member

Marigolds, waterproof and nice colours, pad out the palms with some tissue…..

ads678

Oakley factory.

havinalaff
    Free Member

liking the look of the cheap troy xc, shame they’re only the headline design.

Bargain price

mikewsmith
    Free Member

TLD, if you want to wear 1 pair of gloves for a week get out and try some on. I’d suggest 3-5 pairs for a week away though.

robhughes
    Free Member

Endura mt500’s.Love mine..

havinalaff
    Free Member

3-5 pairs for a week…….. are you serious. Thats madness. Ill only be riding 6 days. That sounds more like a womans holiday bikini ratio.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It factors is some wet days and stuff like that also if your doing all day stuff things can get a bit tougher. Also if the one chosen pair turn out to cripple you hands you can have a backup.

I have 4 or 5 pairs of gloves on the go normally so just bring them all. Easy to pack.

And taking your bikini comparison would you take one and risk finding out it didn’t hold the goods 🙂

reggiegasket
    Free Member

TLD or Spesh.

eyerideit
    Free Member

I do like the look of those POC ones, but I’d hardly describe £24 as a bargain!

Compared to their full price (£37.99) they are, compared to cheaper brands they’re not. It’s all relative isn’t it?

Clobber
    Free Member

Endura Full Monty +1

gren
    Free Member

Mavic Eclipse. So much better than the Full Montys I had before :

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/37864/Mavic_Eclipse_LF_2013_Gloves

chrisdw
    Free Member

All you people who ordered poc gloves. How long did they take to arrive? Ordered on the 18th… Still waiting.

ransos
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Specialized BG comps that are eight years old.

Mine have just fallen apart after 10 years’ use. I shall be buying the same again.

Sui
    Free Member

I don’t know about others, but i’ve found that gloves with all the “special” padding just make your hands more uncomfortable. I only use thin gloves now, like Troy XC, or the cheaper Thor branded stuff. If you’re getting numb hands shift the sweep of the bar slightly or use smaller grips, and always make sure there is enough room on the fingure, as you cut of a surprisingly large quantity of blood flow (leading to numbness and cold hands)

mcobie
    Free Member

I really rate the Hirzl Gloves – can be found here

Just did five days riding in the alps and they were great 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

Compared to their full price (£37.99) they are, compared to cheaper brands they’re not. It’s all relative isn’t it?

well not really. I don’t buy things based on their relative cost. I buy them based on the absolute amount I want to spend and what that gets me.

imp999
    Free Member

Another vote for the TLD XC.
    Just got the lad some for £12 off the ‘bay.

posiwev
    Free Member

All you people who ordered poc gloves. How long did they take to arrive? Ordered on the 18th… Still waiting.

Got mine today, ordered last Thursday

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Of course, these are an interesting alternative…

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Please suggest me some gloves.’ is closed to new replies.