Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Please suggest a gaming steering wheel
  • slackalice
    Free Member

For a PS3 and I’d like force feedback and pedals. Can cope happily with paddle shift.

I’m looking to while away a few winter evenings with WRC4, as BITD I was reasonably competent with Colin McRae Rally on PC with a Sidewinder wheel set, so figure that I won’t get too dispirited starting off with something similar, albeit nearly 20 years absence from any gaming whatsoever.

It’ll also limit the amount of time the 12year old Slack jr gets to spend playing Destiny… Don’t ask, it’s better than the alternative game of choice his father gave him last Xmas, GTA V 🙄

The bit of research I’ve done so far would suggest Logitech with a wheel stand pro type of foldable stand thingy. The G25/G27 look amazing but have a hefty price tag, so the GT is looking possible. Any experiences, opinions and suggestions on these or any others will be much appreciated.

As will the possible suggestions of using a game pad controller or joy stick, even though I know I want to play a driving sim with wheel and pedals 😀

Thank you!

benp1

Wanna buy a second hand Tillet kart seat game racer with Logitech driving force pro driving wheel set up?

stumpyjumper
    Free Member

Iv got a Logitech gt with pedals that used to complete GT6 and I love it. The force feedback is fantastic it’s got a separate push gear knob but to be honest when your really flying you won’t use it and use the paddles instead. The pedals are even weighted differently for brake and throttle. GT, that, surround sound and sit 4ft away from your big TV and its a great way to while away the evenings. Unfortunately it’s not bloody compatible with ps4 so it looks like I’m saving up all over again if I want to play project cars.

tenfoot

Logitech GT here too.

slackalice
    Free Member

Thanks for your responses guys. Logitech GT is looking favourable, unless a bargain used G25/27 can be found.

Talking of which, @ benp, any pics, idea of price please? Email in my profile, cheers.

@ stumpyjumper, during my researching, I did find a useful gadget that enables PS3 controllers to work with a ps4, it was on eBay adaptor Have no idea if it works, but at £100, it’s cheaper than the current decent offerings for the ps4.

Cougar

I thought the PS3 / PS4 just used USB, is that not the case?

(My petrolhead mate swears by Logitech wheels, incidentally)

slackalice
    Free Member

Thanks for confirming Logitech cougar.

As far as both sharing USB ports for connecting, that appears to be the only common element. Which is a shame as at some point, the boy will be wanting to use his savings to ‘upgrade’ to the ps4.

chojin
    Free Member

Thrustmaster T100 here, force feedback, pedals, PC and PS4 compatible.

Cost me £65 at the time. It’s a good wheel!

stumpyjumper
    Free Member

@slackalice thanks for the heads up for the adaptor. Iv decided to sell everything tonight and get a new thrust master t150. So il be flogging the wheel, PS3 and all the games. Il put an ad on here later. ( when I can be bothered to take pretty pictures)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Please suggest a gaming steering wheel’ is closed to new replies.