Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Please show me your SRAM XX1 / X01 setups please
  • boediarjanto
    Free Member

Specialized Enduro Comp 2013.
    Recently upgraded the group set from X0 to X01. Very happy with shifting performance. Better – even – compare to X0.
    Chain ring 34t feel a hit too challenging for my daily route. Considering upgrade to 30/32t.

The only original component is the headset. The rest are upgraded.

luke1688

Recently had XO1 put on my TRc-anyone find that when on the 10t cog the chain is very close to where the chainstay meets the seatstay?

boediarjanto
    Free Member

Specialized Enduro Comp 2013:
    Frame Size & Color: M & Gloss Red/Black
    * Fork: RockShox Pike RCT3, 160mm
    * Shock: CCDB Air CS
    * Brakes: SRAM X0
    * Crank/Shifter: SRAM X01
    * Rear Derailleur: SRAM X01 Type 2 11 Speed
    * Stem: Hope FR Stem 50mm 25 deg
    * Handlebar: Enve Riser Carbon Bar 740 mm
    * Seatpost / Clamp: RockShox Reverb / Hope Bolt
    * Saddle: Specialized Toupe Expert Ti Saddle 2014
    * Bottom Bracket: Chris King PF30
    * Cassette: SRAM XG-1195(10-42)
    * Headset: FSA (stock)
    * Grips: ODI / Troy Lee Designs Signature Series Lock-On
    * Front/Rear Tire: Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evolution Snake Skin 2.25 (tubeless)
    * Front/Rear Rim: ZTR Arch EX 26″
    * Front/Rear Hub: Hope Pro 2 Evo (40t for Rear) Red
    * Front/Rear Skewer: 15mm thru-axle / 142 x 12mm thru-axle
    * Front / Rear Rotors: Hope Mono Mini-M4 Saw Disc Brake Rotor 200/180 mm
    * Weight: less than 12.5 kg / 27.55 lbs (wo pedal)

Just in case you also have 2013 Enduro and want to upgrade to CCDB Air CS: the part number for the shock that you need is BAD0611. Contact info@canecreek.com – they’re very responsive and helpful.

maxtorque

ooh, i just about fit into this thread now!

Bit of a cross breed all round now, with XX1 at the front, 10spd XT cassette + OneUp 42T dinner plate at the back, with an XTR shadow mech:

Brilliant so far, nice and quiet, reasonable spread of gearing, and really nice to loose the fiddly front mech and idiotically routed by Lapierre “twice round the houses” cable run to it.

The fact i’ve shed 498g off the bike is also nice, although tbth, 100g of that is some new lighter pedals 😉

stewartc
    Free Member

Since posting my SB66c/XX1 combo 4 months ago now moved to a Pivot Mach6

Gone from 30t to 28t at the front to help with the steep climbing around where I ride.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

christ that lapierre is awful, has the back end been stretched?

maxtorque

Sorry, it’s got “retro” sized wheels on it……. 😉

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a bb30 to work with sram xo1? I’m using the sram bb30 in my Zesty but it’s pretty poorly sealed. Thanks

luke1688

Anyone have clearance issues whilst in the 10t? Chain is really rubbing the frame with my setup

njee20
    Free Member

And if we’re doing on scale photos…

Anyone have clearance issues whilst in the 10t? Chain is really rubbing the frame with my setup

I find the 10t is noisy on the stand (moreso than I expected), but in real life it seems to work fine, certainly no rubbing on the frame, but obviously a more skinny rear end than most of the bikes pictured.

Can anyone recommend a bb30 to work with sram xo1

Do you mean BB30, or PF30? BB30 is just a pair of bearings.

njee20
    Free Member

PF30 then. I’d be looking at the Wheels Manufacturing ones which IIRC use Enduro bearings.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Thanks for that, they look ideal

flange
    Free Member

Njee – did you sell the xtr cranks? Cos I is wanting some…

njee20
    Free Member

Njee – did you sell the xtr cranks? Cos I is wanting some…

‘Fraid so!

mashiehood
    Free Member

that looks great njee – fair play for geting it down to 19.5lb witout silly tyres or drilled out saddles!

njee20
    Free Member

Thanks! 2.25″ tyres too.

Their SL frame is a pound lighter (to my surprise), would have been silly light then. Be good to get below 19, but there aren’t that many places to go without big money!

matt23
    Free Member

Picked this up Saturday insurance replacement for my stolen TRc 🙁
    Weighs 25.8 lbs and is amazing!!

matt23
    Free Member

Sorry guys will post photo later – can do it now for some reason!!

There you go.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hmm thats pretty much sexual i’d say 😆

it needs xx1 carbon cranks to finish it off, i think the x01 alloy cranks look a bit bland/naff

tomhoward

Xx1 you say?

image by tom.howard.562, on Flickr

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

wow tom, just wow!

are they pikes? thought you couldnt get pikes for the solo?

SC really have raised the bar with their latest frames

tomhoward

They’re 140mm revs. I’ve got pikes specced on my incoming nomad (same spec otherwise) 8)

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

😆 nomad as well as a solo?!? MILLIONAIRE?!?!

congrats though lovely lovely bike!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Monster truck.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

lovely that hobnob, seriously lovely, cant beat stealthy black carbon

matt23
    Free Member

Thanks carbonfibreismadebyaliens 🙂

Oscillate Wildly – would have liked the carbon cranks but the black looked much better against the frame in the black/orange/white matching I have got going on there 🙂

I have the pikes on my Solo with and they have been sorted to reduce the travel to 140mm which Jungle are happy with – so does not invalidate the warranty.

So far I am stupidly impressed with the bike – I feel so much faster and the times are quicker to – but could just be new bike excitment!!

The only issue I had was getting the red WTB stickers off the rims – affected the colour scheme way too much 🙂

One thing I have to say – they have had a bit of bad press but the XO Trail brakes are superb – by far the best brakes I have ever had – having had Hope X2, M4, XT and XTR – excellent feel, modulation and power!

To get back to the topic – the XO1 on here is perfect – it is a new bike so it should be – 3 10 mile rides so far and it hasn’t skipped a beat but also my XO1 on the TRC got through a winter unscathed and worked flawlessly. I did spec a 32 ring on the TRc and that made the top 2 gears stupidly ‘spinny’ but a 34 ring on the Solo is perfect and I imagine would be for all bike sizes in general.

mashiehood
    Free Member

My scalpel, not strictly XX1 apart from he front ring, the rest is a mix of XTR rear mech and XX cassette.

yoshimi

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE – someone tell me about the fitting of their XX1 / X01 cranks and a PF30 BB (because no-one is answering the thread I started about it)

You know the pre-load adjuster, is it meant to be stuck on the crank axle or will it come off it you pull it?

I belted the bottom of the non-drive side crank into the ground and not much after that got a creak from the BB.

After the ride I noticed the crank was loose.

Following instructions and using correct torque, leaves some side to side play that I believe must be taken up by the preload adjuster.

Seems a heck of a lot of play to take up though and I’m surprised the pre-load adjuster looks so flimsy and is able to slide along the crank axle as opposed to say something like an XTR M970 where the pre-load thing works quite well.

When adjusted to take out the side to side play, the inner threaded part that sits on the crank axle is tight up against the crank arm and the outer that sits on it is tight up against the BB but the adjustment is right on the limit.

I’m not that convinced it’s right.

bol

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE – someone tell me about the fitting of their XX1 / X01 cranks and a PF30 BB (because no-one is answering the thread I started about it)

I didn’t fit mine myself, but the guy who did said that the adjuster is apparently supposed to tighten against the bb shell, although he said that he tends to put in a spacer between them to prevent creaking. I must admit that I am clueless when it comes to this sort of stuff, so apologies if I misunderstood and this is complete balls.

Here’s mine, anyway. Full xx1 apart from the cassette (rather liked the black x0), with gripshift. It’s certainly shaved a bit of weight off. My Sync 29er with xx1 reverb and revelations weighs the same as my Soda did with xx, carbon post F120 Terralogics and similarly spec’d wheels.

DanW
    Free Member

Love the Scalpel Mashiehood! How does it ride compared to the 26er Scalpel? Quite a bit more forgiving and “trail feeling” or still “all out race” in feel?

mashiehood
    Free Member

Thanks. I have never ridden a 26er scalpel but the 29er goes like a train. I had a flash 29er before the scalpel and it’s just as quick with a little more comfort.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

An awful lot of nice bikes here guys! I WAS holding off for the new XTR for my SC, but the pics i’ve seen it looks like balls, so XX1 it is (probably with Raceface SL 1X cranks)… I’ll be sticking with Shimano brakes though 🙄

mashiehood
    Free Member

I will be putting new xtr on the scalpel, not worried about looks, prefer shimano over sram, nothing other than a personal preference.

mangoridebike

Plastic Stumpy (PixUp) by Chris_Read_3, on Flickr

Had this for a couple of days now, still getting used to it but loving it so far 🙂

mangoridebike

We’ll that killed the thread :/

A couple of rides in and I’m loving 1×11, my concerns about the steeper climbs (where I’ve been locked into the granny ring and the bigger end of the cassette) have been dispatched with ease, without resorting to the supersize 42 AT&T he back.

I’m still in the ‘new bike’ honeymoon period obviously but so far so good.

Big thanks to Nevis Cycles for sorting the bike and dealing with all my questions 🙂

matt23
    Free Member

Posted earlier meant to put a pic up – sorry here it

[/url]image by -matt.davies17-[/img]

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Please show me your SRAM XX1 / X01 setups please’ is closed to new replies.