• This topic has 63 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by IanB.
Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Please show me your Ti 29ers – I get mine later this week and am sooo excited.
  • adeward
    Free Member

james-o – Member
    Sycip showed a steel e-stay 29er at Interbike…

the FD positioning options on a 29er mean there’s better ways to have a 16.5″ rear end though.

James I am always open to suggestions ,, but i am looking for short chainstays and massive mud clearance still using 2.5 plus tyres

can any other 29ers offer that?

markenduro
    Free Member

08102009381 by markenduro, on Flickr

Sanny
    Free Member

For a hardcore build, have a look at Drjon’s blog. 83 mm bb and 150 rear end made by VERTIGO. I’m looking at something similar and am looking to get Justin Burls to build it for me.

Cheers

Sanny

sofaking
    Free Member

Sofaking is that ketton in the back ground?

you are correct.
    it’s the bridleway from Tinwell upto Easton on the hill

Chisel
    Free Member

I stand corrected seems my memories grow weaker with age felt sure the hills behind the cement works were bigger!!!:O(

sofaking
    Free Member

I stand corrected seems my memories grow weaker with age felt sure the hills behind the cement works were bigger!!!:O(

if only the hills were bigger around here 🙁

james-o
    Free Member

Hi Ade, if you need sub 16.5″ stays + massive clearance for 2.5″ then an e-stay is an option on a 29er, but i’d be concerned about BB flex. suspension bikes use suspension action to cope with a lot of the loads that would cuse twist and flex when riding a rigid e-stay. if you lock out an orange 5 or a meta 5 fully, they can feel pretty flexy all of a sudden, not just under pedalling but under cornering loads. they just don’t tend to be ridden hard like that when locked.

E-stays in the old days often used hugely oversized alu and they still weren’t ideal, the lack of triangulation does affect things, but also i think we moved on after realising that sub-16″ stays weren’t so important after all.

if i was looking at making a 2.5″ – 3″ rear tyre 29er (we did at one point, a snow 26″ / 29er convertable idea) then the best solution is to ignore conventional 50mm chainlines and work with DH kit ie wider BB shells / hubs. Dr Jon’s Vertigo is an interesting bike along those lines and a few US builders are seeing the opportunities that wider chainlines present.

I wonder how a really well-caked with mud 2.5″ 29er tyre would feel? slow. heavy. ok for a smi-fat snow bike, but with such a big contact patch my exp with 29ers is that you can go skinnier / lighter and get away with it.

i’m not saying i’m right or that e-stays are wrong, just my 2p on it. i’m really interested to see your bike, could be very cool! have you seen Bystickle’s customs? similar to the Vertigo bike in some areas.

mick
    Free Member
    james-o
    Free Member

mick that looks nice, what’s that?

Ade, you can mail me at enquiries@genesisbikes.co.uk if you fancy a geek-out on this one ) to avoid a hijak anyway. cheers.

mick
    Free Member

mick that looks nice, what’s that?

It’s a On-One Van Nicholas prototype

james-o
    Free Member

ah, i see the seatsay now )

adeward
    Free Member

James-o YGM

pek
    Free Member

Hi anyone got any comments regarding the Van Nicholas Zion 29er?
    good buy or?

PUGSLEYNUT
    Free Member

null

Trying to figure out how to post picture ?

AdamM
    Free Member

For the Singular Pegasus riders early in this thread: what sort of frame bags are you using on your bike? I have a Pegasus and am thinking I could use a frame bag in future.

Thanks.

pedalhead
    Free Member

For the Singular Pegasus riders early in this thread: what sort of frame bags are you using on your bike? I have a Pegasus and am thinking I could use a frame bag in future.

I’m using Revelate bags. The frame bag is a custom jobbie, the others are standard off the peg. Quality is very high, wait is very long (but reasonable for a low volume, custom product).

rbrstr
    Free Member

not quite there yet

sofaking
    Free Member

thats one serious looking downtube 😯

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Downtube looks a little FLEXY 😀

shortcut

Here it is. All built and now raced at BRass Monkeys today.
    Lynskey Ridgeline RS Rebas and a mix of kit.

Very pleased with the first outing.

rOcKeTdOg

lovely, the rear light looks like you’ve taped two halves of the seatpost together though 🙂

Naranjada
    Free Member

rbrstr – that looks interesting, what’s the purpose of the rose joints at the dropout end of the seat stays?

adeward
    Free Member

rbrstr nice job did you build it? you work in motorsport?

not sure about those joints in single shear ,,

IanB
    Free Member

For the Singular Pegasus riders early in this thread: what sort of frame bags are you using on your bike

Bit late picking this up – mine is home made, and is the beginning of a small cottage industry for my better half under the name of Wildcat Gear. A bit more here, but more to follow on the forum in due course.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Please show me your Ti 29ers – I get mine later this week and am sooo excited.’ is closed to new replies.