• This topic has 63 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by IanB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Please show me your Ti 29ers – I get mine later this week and am sooo excited.
  • shortcut

As per the title really. What have you got please.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

What you getting?

pedalhead
    Free Member

My Pegasus in various guises (and also a lesson in how to make a pretty frame look minging, but it’s functional ok?!)

Just built, 1×9 mode…

singlespeed mode in Wales…

Road mode for Oxford-Cambridge-Oxford ride (fully geared with Paselas and aero bars)…

Bivi trip mode…

trail_rat
    Free Member

in half fat mode with 26″ at either end ….

Light mode

unfortunantly i bent my fork steerer at weekend – so really need brant to bring out the ragley fork 😉

ti frame beats my carbon race bike into a cocked hat feels more stable and i swear thats what makes it seem faster – seems more planted over bumps and the rough stuff – while accelerating just as quick !

only about half a pound in it when both are set up ss ….

tempted to sell my race bike !

tazzymtb

pedalhead- HOW MUCH KIT FOR A BIVVY!! Dear lord that’s more than I’d take for a week in the mountains.

lovely bike though 😀

james-o
    Free Member

pedalhead shows why 29ers have a future 🙂 a great base for a bike to do it all.. well with a shed full of other wheels / bars / gears etc)

singlespeedstu
    adeward
    Free Member

i currently have a ragley td-1 which i run ss alfine or 1 x9 depends on what and where we are riding,,

I am impressed by this bike and the 29er format so i have just sent a set of drawings off to get a ti 29er built

rough specs
    very short chainstays (for a 29er )
    huge mud clearance 2.5 tyres with +10mm all around
    new swapout dropout fixed for gears adjustable for ss hub
    belt drive compatable
    designed for 80-100mm travel forks

first prototype due in 4 weeks

IanB
    Free Member

P1030348 by ianbarrington, on Flickr

P1020059 by ianbarrington, on Flickr

P1030453 by ianbarrington, on Flickr

mick_r

Ade – that sounds curiously like an e-stay 29er……

And if it is you’ll beat me to it you bounder!

Had a bit of a disaster with my homebuild – I was half way through a former to make a nice curve in the seat tube, then took a tumble on 1st Jan in Grizedale resulting in dislocated shoulder that took 10 hours to get back in. Lots of internal damage so no danger of using a hacksaw or torch anytime soon 🙁

adeward
    Free Member

Mick r sorry to hear of your troubles,, and to make matters worse yes you are right,,
    i think it’s the best way to get very short chainstays and massive mud clearance ,,
    it,s currently being built just hope the drawings i did were ok as getting a 2nd prototype built is not an option,,

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Thin

Fat

mick_r

Poo! It was my idea! (throws toys out of pram with one good arm)

Although somebody else did beat us to it with a 29er (but doesen’t look like they made the chainstays very short so not really sure what the point was) http://www.mrazek.com/29.html

Very brave to have something so unusual made far far away but I guess you have the experience to make it work – good luck and show us all the results. Are you using the same people as Spanner?

I’m still a little worried about catching heels on the stays. But if I screw up then have metres of spare Columbus cro-mo to play with and can melt them off and braze on some new ones 😉

How short? Mine should adjust down to at least 15.9″….

I was supposed to be riding it at SSEC but will now be a spectator (no idea if frame will be done)

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Didn’t the BB in e-stay bikes flex a lot?

adeward
    Free Member

that was 20 years ago technology has moved on just think of the front triangle of a single pivot suspension bike,, we dont hear about bb flex anynore

CheesybeanZ

any excuse 😀

Ringo
    Free Member

heres mine just made also belt drive compatible (just waiting on bits)
    built around a niner fork i.e 470mm axle to crown
    only ridden a handful of time but already love it

rclvp
    Free Member

Wow, Cheesy, that is an absolutely exquisite frame, who makes it?

I’m just build up a Ragley TD:1 with DT Swiss XRR fork, Kings Headset and hubs and Stans Crests, Full 2011 XTR 2×10 race groupset, Thomson finishing kit with an Answer bar and Gobi. So excited, I’ll get some pictures up. Marathon bike here we come.

Some beautiful fabrications in here.

adeward
    Free Member

Mick i honestly havnt seen that bike before ,, a little dissapointed as there are some some simulatities ,,
    but that seat stay what were they thinking they seemed to have gone out of their way to get the front mech geometry correct but ruined everything else, clearance, looks etc,, there are other solutions,,

it looks so 1990’s

my chainstay length is 16.41 (417) fixed then 417-437 adjustable

around 16 would be do-able but would lose clearance and i would struggle with front mech and triple setup on my design

i did have a last min panic over heal clearance but after measuring up my current bikes and a small change to the chainstays it should be sorted

i did speak to Lynskey in the us to build it they were up for it , but needed a min order of 15 ,, and certainly not in the position to do that ,, so now it has gone to the far east,, service is very good so far with very quick turnaround on changes

Mick my email is ade1963@aol.com lets chat

singlespeedstu

Nice frame Cheesey.

Where’d you get it. 😉

CheesybeanZ

Wow, Cheesy, that is an absolutely exquisite frame, who makes it?

http://www.blacksheepbikes.com/
    one of singlespeedstu`s flock now grazing in the cotswolds 😆

pedalhead
    Free Member

looks like a Black Sheep..?

edit…ah too slow! Some ace pictures on this thread. Yes I know my bivi trip was well stocked but there was also an element of trying the new bags out 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

its the only bike to ever escape from stus garage’ one way door system

CheesybeanZ

what you getting then shortcut ?

singlespeedstu

its the only bike to ever escape from stus garage’ one way door system

The rest get let out to play on a regular basis though. 😀

CheesybeanZ

its going back to the west midlands on saturday for a spin round the woods 😉

Lynskey Ridgeline Rohloff

Picture 018 by Vegan Graham, on Flickr

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Oh go on then

Lynskey Pro 29er, DT Swiss XMC 100’s, Stans Arch on ZTR Hubs, XT/Thomson/ Easton stuff

Best bike I’ve ever ridden

rOcKeTdOg

Ti 29ers are rubbish and a waste of money, everyone knows that!

rOcKeTdOg

*coughs*

snow mode

365/361 27/12/10 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

mud mode

Peggy 3D button by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Frankenbike:-

Andy

heres mine!

sofaking
    Free Member

[/url] phil wood 29er. by matt hampshire, on Flickr[/img]

if ti deluxe lefty 29er by matt hampshire, on Flickr

shortcut

There is some nice kit there. Really looking forward to getting mine sorted. Will be posting a picture and ‘outing’ my purchase hopefully by the weekend.

I currently have a few people guessing on what I am getting so will keep it under wraps until then.

Can’t wait – expecting the call to say the frame is ready for me to pick up an time today!
    😀

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Sofaking is that ketton in the back ground?

witty.name
    Free Member

Heres a crap quality camera phone pic of mine.Hastily taken exclusive for this thread.Some fantastic looking bikes on here btw.

Untitled by steverog5, on Flickr

Chisel
    Free Member

Milky bar kid being once of that Parish and my mother still living there i would say not as there is no rise out towards Collyweston or over toward Tinwell and Stamford.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

It looks like the track between tinwell & easton on the hill.

james-o
    Free Member

Sycip showed a steel e-stay 29er at Interbike…

the FD positioning options on a 29er mean there’s better ways to have a 16.5″ rear end though.

mick_r

Front derailleur? I’ve hardly used one for the last 10 years 🙂 A max 32t chainring and no front mech opens up a lot more options in e-stay design.

Some lovely bikes here but can’t wait to see Ade’s creation! (Ade – YGM)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Please show me your Ti 29ers – I get mine later this week and am sooo excited.’ is closed to new replies.