Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 184 total)
  • please show me your steel hardtails!!
  • monkeyboyjc

not seen another hummingbird in here yet …
    although its now running a brooks swift and carbon carnegie bars.

SidKillerest
    Free Member

My other DMR

liam1611
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Just stripped my full-suss and built this:

Two rear pinch-flats in two rides have yet to convince me that steel is real. Need to adjust the front end to fit too.

This one is my favourite bike. Now features a much nicer saddle. Soon to feature much lighter (and less obnoxious) sensible wheels:

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Just finished building my new Dialled Prince Albert frame.

First ride Friday and it felt great. 🙂

takisawa2

Mood 1

IMAG0484 by pten2106, on Flickr

Mood 2

IMAG0524 by pten2106, on Flickr

minzo
    Free Member

NS Surge

bennyh09
    Free Member

DSCF0739

Don’t really know how to embed a photo. Just click on the link. My P7.

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

It’s the “grab BB code” bit…

DSCF0739 by benh2008, on Flickr

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

Ok, Ok, I’ll show my P7 again.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Not quite ready yet but getting there, can’t Wait
    [/img]

mutley

squeal piggy

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Two rear pinch-flats in two rides have yet to convince me that steel is real

SpongingMachine: they look like ADv folding tyres. I had similar pinch flat trouble until I put an older steel-bead ADv on the rear, and it stopped. What I’m saying is: don’t give up on the bike until you’ve tried other rear tyres.

ajantom

Prince Albert frame for £55 from the classifieds. All other bits were spare 😀 Enjoying it immensely!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Thanks, Buzz. It’s a 2.1 Crossmark on the rear. I was thinking of swapping for a 2.25″ Advantage for the Autumn. Interesting advice about the wire/folding bead though. Many thanks.

snakebite
    Free Member

My latest…yet to be ridden.

NormalMan

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Pashley 24MHz. Pulled the back wheel in since this pic and rides really nicely now. Was going to sell it but think I’ll keep it and find some bouncey forks for it over the winter and rebuild the front wheel onto a QR or 20mm hub (14mm nutted at the moment).

456 Summer Season. Fair bit has changed this pic. Now ha Hope/XM321 wheels, High Roller/Crossmark combo, a ‘proper’ 1×9 setup with On-One SS ring and Superstar XCR guide (both highly reccommended), Charge Spoon and a few other bits and pieces. Planning on lighter/wider bar and stem ASAP (710mm bars are too narrow!), removing the spacer to run the forks at 120mm and maybe a new seatpost.

cardo

So chuffed with my new steel Cotic… Out again on it last night.
    Cotic 2 004 by cardopics, on Flickr

SD-253
    Free Member

Thorn enduro with discs
    By sd235 at 2011-09-08

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

staralfur
    Free Member

It isn’t mine yet but it’s ordered and on the way!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Cotic BFe with the awful looking decals removed

DezB
    Free Member

hmm, scrolled through and didn’t see mine, so here ’tis

Steel hardtails look good eh?

woodsman
    Free Member

That does look better David!

haggis1978

probably going to get flamed for this but………….this thread should be renamed the Cotic, On-One and DMR thread cos thats pretty much all we see in these threads. Does anyone have any interesting Steel hardtails? not that some in here arent interesting and of course there’s nothing wrong with On-Ones and Cotics etc and they are nice looking bikes with nice shape to them but i dont want to look at 20 of them in different locations

sorry

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

probably going to get flamed for this but………….this thread should be renamed the Cotic, On-One and DMR thread cos thats pretty much all we see in these threads. Does anyone have any interesting Steel hardtails? not that some in here arent interesting and of course there’s nothing wrong with On-Ones and Cotics etc and they are nice looking bikes with nice shape to them but i dont want to look at 20 of them in different locations

sorry

How interesting can steel hardtails get? I think most that I’ve seen have been some steel tubes welded together to form a typical double triangle bicycle frame.

Infact, how interesting can bikes get? Not very?

Ridin’ ems what its all about!

DezB
    Free Member

So you missed the Singular, Brooklyn, Evil, Sanderson & Stantons then? Maybe you should look harder..

haggis1978

i did say that some of them are interesting and i like the Singular and Evil bikes but we are supposed to be a diverse bunch of enthusiasts on here with plenty of different tastes yet the last “show us your Steel Hardtail” thread was very similar to this one, in that there were tons of Cotics and Tons of On-Ones in it. Again thats not to say they’re rubbish bikes by any means. i think the Cotics are superb loking bikes and i wouldnt mind one myself and am just about to recommend them to my friend going on the following they have on here but once you’ve seen 30 of them over a few different (but exactly the same) threads then you want to see something else. Lets see some more Enigmas, Singulars, Curtis and Evil frames and anything else out there as well

DezB
    Free Member

I’ll go buy one so I can post it up for you 😉

steveinthepeaks
    Free Member

DSC_0016 by Virtual Canvas, on Flickr

My Chocolate 456

SD-253
    Free Member

haggis1978 – Member

sorry
    The Thorn Enduro (above) is Steel as all Thorns are

Mackem

Orange P7/Rockshox Sektor/Alfine

stcolin
    Free Member

It isn’t mine yet but it’s ordered and on the way!

You cheeky monkey! Are you keeping thon Supreme? Shock sorted yet?

dizcostix
    Free Member

nearly finished!

kiwijohn

Something different…

onandon
    Free Member

metalheart
    Free Member

Another Cotic Soul…

mamadirt
    Free Member

Just for Haggis . . .

No longer mine though . . . I built one of these instead 😉

tops5
    Free Member

Just bought this god help me – it looks shagged

Anyone know a good cheap powder coater in the Manc area? 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘please show me your steel hardtails!!’ is closed to new replies.